will ensure quality checks on all internal designs, posts, client presentations, content, and or other written material produced, they will be responsible for providing all text is readable, accurate, and ready for publication/distribution to the client. The core focus will be to check and edit text/layout/ grammar/ spelling /punctuation etc. to ensure it is well written and logically structured. Main objectives and accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
All applications to be forwarded to: az.oc.gnitekramrbc@rahsin
- Check and edit text (Sub-Edit) to ensure it is well written and logically structured, this includes artwork, documentation, and/or any other written content produced by internal team members (Quality Assurance checkpoint before published and/ or distributed to client).
- Correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ensure the text is in line with the required 'house style'/ CI and representative of brief objectives.
- Check facts and raise queries with content curators/designers.
- Check, Proofread and edit the website and online content, artwork, illustrations, captions, headings, slogans, and/or other script is correct and accurate, including sizing/layout.
- Have a strong understanding and command of the English language in both spelling and grammar.
- Able to remain flexible to allow for creative wordplay and colloquial language usage.
- Have an excellent understanding of Plain Language Principles and the general reading ability of the dictated audience.
Communication will only be made with short-listed candidates.
If you have not received communication within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Closing Date : 31st May 2022
- Related qualification and/or exp. in copywriting, proofreading, sub-editor, editing, English, and journalism.
- A great advantage would be proficiency in all African languages, core is English.
- Excellent written English, including good spelling and grammar.
- A meticulous approach to their work and an eye for detail.
- The ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines.
- A love of and feel for the language.
- Able to multi-task and work across multiple brands.
- Able to work under pressure and maintain detail, accuracy, and consistency.
- The ability to spot errors in your own work.
- A wide vocabulary.
- The ability to consider and see different points of view.
- Research skills.
- Excellent self-motivation.
- Commercial awareness.
- Team player.
- Impeccable administrative and organizational skills.
- IT proficient.
- Skill in proofreading and editing.
- Plain language understanding.
- Creativity and the ability to contribute to the production, innovation and original ideas.
- The ability to give and take criticism gracefully.
Posted on 16 May 08:31, Closing date 14 Jul