Senior Digital Media Strategist and Planner SA
The senior digital media strategist and planner will be responsible for ensuring the success of digital media planning & buying within Incubeta. The primary goal of this role is to help clients build their brands and generate leads across the most effective platforms/channels. This is achieved by developing in-depth and well-formulated media strategies, and media plans based on our clients business objectives.
The ideal Media Strategist has a good operational understanding of all media channels and the way a media strategy is brought together. They have implemented campaigns on platforms like Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads Manager and DV360 and they understand how campaigns roll-out. Great communication skills are a key requirement when liaising with various teams/departments, clients and negotiating with publishers.
Place within Organisation
- Reports to the head of media strategy and Planning in the global ops team.
- Works internally with the media managers, media consultants, commercial team and externally with clients and publishers/media owners.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Building out Digital Media Strategy and Media plans as part of the Media Strategy and Planning team, including but not limited to:
- Agency experience in a planner/buyer/strategist role
- Develop and present digital media strategies & plans that maximize ROI for Incubeta clients.
- Foster relationships with publishers (media owners) - remain up to date of latest offerings, ad formats etc. within the SA landscape
- Mentor & help train new team members
- Assist the manager to QA media plans and strategies
- Manage negotiations and agreements between local Publishers (media owners) and Incubeta maximising the media investments for Incubeta clients.
- Financial management of media bookings and performance on behalf of Incubeta clients. Ownership to deliver on booking vs. targets/forecast for the clients’ media plans.
- Ensure the media budget is efficiently and effectively optimised ensuring timely delivery of campaigns against budget.
- Work closely with the client lead consultant, to effectively deliver on client proposals, solutions and roadmaps to achieve the objectives.
- Drive compliance and proactively makes improvements to Incubeta’s digital media strategy and planning processes, policies and procedures
- Own implementation of best-practice and showcasing digital media strategy trends to the wider team
- Provide strategic research including market insights and/or media landscape insights, market and channel mix recommendations.
- Keep abreast of competitor activity/new market communication.
- Foster relationships within Incubeta to strengthen relationships with other departments
- Must have agency experience in a planner/buyer/strategist role
- Minimum four years’ experience in a media planning and strategy role
- Expert understanding of the digital agency & performance marketing landscape, it’s challenges and opportunities
- Experience in both media planning and buying along with a strong digital foundation is a requirement, with an ability to stay ahead of the ever-evolving media landscape
- Strong understanding of all digital marketing channels, ad technologies and cross-media solutions
- Passionate about (ad) technology and how technology can shape the online advertising industry and ecosystem for the benefit of our customers
- Strong knowledge of and practical experience in Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter Ads Manager and premium publishers/other media networks.
- A functional understanding of using and implementing one of the leading digital marketing solutions/tools - Google Marketing Platform including Campaign Manager, DV360, SA360, Google Analytics
- Good technical communicator - be able to turn complexity into simplicity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand the customer's key business & marketing challenges and translate this into how you can achieve these goals by working with the media buyers, media consultants and publishers.
- Positive, friendly and approachable
- Proactive and a stickler for details
- Outstanding ability to think creatively & strategically within the digital marketing space.
- A great communicator, with the ability to talk with clients and other partners.
- A self-starter that seeks knowledge and expertise in digital media buying.
- Tech Savvy: picks up new technology quickly and has intermediate knowledge and experience with programmatic media buying.
- Experience in stabilizing high-pressure situations & tight deadlines.
- Can work independently and prioritise multiple projects.
- Thinks ahead and is able to identify areas of improvement and innovation for clients.
Key Competencies & Work Ethic:
If you feel you fit the above criteria, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please take note that if you do not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
- General: Intelligent, resourceful, analytical, persuasive, commercial and entrepreneurial
- Decisiveness: Formulates a well-informed decision and takes appropriate action at the right moment in time
- Integrity: Comply with generally accepted social and ethical standards in job-related activities
- Client-Centric: Be aware of the customer's needs/demands. Use this proactively.
- Team-work: Team-driven, with an emphasis on what is best for the company at large and able to cooperate.
- Professionalism: Execute flawlessly and cost-efficiently. Desire to constantly optimise our business.
- Inspirational: Leading by example to inspire & motivate. Enthusiastic and passionate for digital marketing, highly motivated individual with a serious and goal-oriented work ethic.
- Planning / Action: Determine goals and priorities effectively and stipulating the time, activities and resources required to achieve the set goals.
- Achievement Orientation: Set high standards and actively focus on achieving results and objectives. Show dissatisfaction with average performance.
- Initiative: Independent self-starter, extremely proactive and organised. Attention to detail
Posted on 06 May 13:50, Closing date 5 Jul