|Location:||Cape Town, Tokai|
Your great visual eye and being a stickler for detail is sought by a dynamic provider of Sustainable Development Programmes seeking a Conceptual Copywriter who will energise, inspire and move customers and teams with their top-notch strategic talent. Your leadership will be vital as you collaborate with a Marketing team to produce outstanding values-based content while driving the strategy and delivery of brand communications for the Group and its sister-company across digital channels. This is a new and unique role, best suited to an individual who is invested in sustainable development and growing their skills in a growing business. You will require a Degree/Diploma in Advertising/Marketing/Communications or similar field with 5 years' experience in roles that have involved Copywriting, Content Marketing, Social-Media management - with your conceptual input. You must also be a strategic storyteller with successful experience working in owned and paid media campaigning, and paid search. A portfolio of your work will be expected. If you're looking for purposeful work, you're excited by entrepreneurship, and you're organised, candid and compassionate, then this job is for you. Remote work is currently on offer.Duties:
- Work with the Head of Brand Communications and Content team to brainstorm and implement new brand strategies across the Group.
- Form part of a core team of Conceptual Copywriters, who collaboratively deliver on content strategies across owned and paid media channels
- Along with your team, you will manage the social presence across channels - you will have the freedom to take ownership of certain channels or work collaboratively across them all, depending on how you organise within the team of Conceptual Copywriters and Head of Brand Communications.
- You'll work alongside a Managing Editor/Content QA team to plan content and ensure work meets brand standards.
- Get involved in all aspects of Marketing projects: research, inspiration-building, copy, design and video brainstorming, briefing, reviewing and testing.
- Track marketing initiatives, you will feed insights back into the strategy and help develop work through iterative improvements.
- Write research and thought-leadership aligned with Group ethics (in other words, your writing will accomplish much more than marketing products - our work is driven by our mission and ethics).
- Help mentor Content Interns to 'pay it forward' when it comes to career development.
- A degree or diploma in advertising, marketing, communications, media or creative writing.
- Five years' experience in roles that have involved copywriting, content marketing, social-media management - with your conceptual input.
- A compelling background in copywriting and concept work is essential.
- Successful experience working in owned and paid media campaigning, and paid search.
- Experience writing copy for paid social and paid search ads.
- A strategic storyteller - you will be responsible for landing our creative concepts through stories that capture our audiences.
- You've got a great visual eye - this role has the support of a design/production team, but you must be able to brief in and review design and video assets and apply guidelines to your own work.
- A stickler for detail: your copy is clean and you're a strong editor.
- Mimicry: you can pick up tone and style in text or visual templates and roll out work consistently.
- A portfolio of excellent work.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider yo
- Organised, efficient and proactive - you appreciate that being creative means being a problem-solver.
- Commercially-minded - resilient to (and ideally energised by) change, and able to collaborate cross-functionally.
- You are ambitious in growing your digital mindset, and actively monitor trends surrounding digital content and audiences (particularly Gen Z).
- Data-informed - you enjoy analysing data to assess the success of the strategy (leads, social engagement, etc.).
- An open communicator: you challenge and support positively, with a fuss-free approach.
- Able to connect with people remotely (you will speak to people from around the world in this role, and your relationships will be key to your success).
Posted on 24 Nov 16:03, Closing date 24 Dec