- When your dream job is a nightmare
- B-BBEE is not just a compliance exercise, but an opportunity for economic growth
- How to create a more gender-friendly workplace
Senior Paid Media Manager - Search
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Great office space, flexibility, amazing coffee, brilliant colleagues and much more|
|Location:||Cape Town, Foreshore|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionOverview of job description
The senior media manager will be spending our clients digital budgets wisely within the Paid Search, Paid Social or real time bidding (RTB) environment. Senior media managers are required to know where best to buy inventory/online audiences for clients using demand side platforms and ensuring that client goals and ROI’s are met.
Traders will be allocated to a specific market and manage a portfolio of clients and campaigns. Senior traders will look to Implement, optimise and run profitable campaigns across various platforms/search engines and act as technical contact between account directors/managers and clients. The will communicate effectively to manage internal and external client expectations. As a senior, set the example for the team, go above and beyond the role of trader in guiding, coaching and assisting fellow Traders. Support to the Team Lead. Does not need to lean on the TL for day to day support. They are able to step in when TL is not available and help junior team members.
So what is a media manager?
Media Managers are responsible for maximizing our advertisers digital budgets according to their required goals. In more simple words, Media Managers will be responsible for defining/creating digital Paid Media strategies, implementing this in demand side platforms (various sophisticated technologies are used) and wisely spending a predetermined budget - all to ensure client digital goals are reached and that they see a full return on digital investment. You will need to understand how to buy inventory via the technologies at what price and what inventory/audiences/programmatic strategies will be successful of a campaign.
Place within organisation
- Reports to the Regional Country Lead
- Works closely with internal country consultants on strategic digital strategies
- Closely interacts with international Consultancy and Account Management teams
Knowledge and experience
- Must have a passion for digital marketing and wanting to build a career within the digital space
- Minimum three to four years of experience and be working 100% independently on basis of senior level profile
- Completed Advanced Search / Display Google certifications
- Completed Google Shopping Certification
- Full Google Stack Certification (Doubleclick)
- Expert level in at least 1 Doubleclick channel ie. DS / DBM
- Experience on GTM / tag implementation
- Completed Google Analytics Certification
- Experience in management of digital accounts with a ROI focus
- Experience in managing digital campaigns with branding and performance driven goals
- Experience with managing digital campaigns for video & mobile
- Experience with in-app buying
- Must know how to work with budgets and how to allocate them effectively across different types of online media
- Experience with Google Analytics and how to implement & interpret data
- Experience with tag management tools
- Ability to troubleshoot tech issues within buying platforms and present solutions
- Must have the ability to understand and interpret the strategy and execute this within the applicable platforms
- Ability to analyze campaigns & implement strategy based on findings
- Ability to conduct post-campaign analysis and to present that to country teams / client
- Ability to build reporting templates which is suited for client
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Ability to work closely with senior team members & consultants to take direction with campaigns
- Very diligent – staying on top of the details
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Paid digital experience in the retail industry
- Experience working in a Media Agency and PPC/Adwords/Search
- Experience within Doubleclick Campaign Manager (DCM)
- Experience with working in a SSP or exchanges
- Experience within the affiliate/lead generation sector
- Good technical communicator - be able to turn complexity into simplicity
- Passion for online advertising technology
- Autonomous, proactive and resourceful
- Self-motivated, positive and driven individual
- Cool under pressure
- Being able to take direction and working closely with team members and consultants
- Being able to share knowledge with team
- Employ Strategic Campaign setup with sufficient research and following direction given by country consultant
- Working closely with internal & external Consultants, Account Managers and Clients to develop and implement Programmatic Media Buying strategies
- Working closely with DCM team to ensure seamless integration with full DC stack clients
- Being able to troubleshoot issues within DCM and presenting solutions
- Build and traffic campaigns in DSP platforms including desktop, mobile, FBX, video - platforms are not limited to just one
- Ability to execute in-app campaigns
- Analyse campaign performance and make recommendations for optimization
- Regular review of performance of campaigns across revenue, performance and pacing
- Ensure campaign delivery against revenue goals and Key Performance Indicators as established with the client and consultants
- Daily reporting and monitoring of campaigns to ensure performance goals and revenue objectives are met
- To ensure best practice RTB techniques are employed at all times
- Being able to interpret data outside of programmatic & delivering holistic overview to client
- Ability to check different channel behaviour & impact of various channels on digital campaign performance eg. how does paid search influence performance on display
- Proactively seek new opportunities within programmatic space
- Ensure all correct revenues and media costs are reported on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all administration is accurate and up to date
- Being able to motivate oneself & to continue self development
- Working closely with country consultants to identify market trends, new features, etc.
- Being able to re-strategize digital campaign strategy
- Being back-up for country consultants
- Close daily collaboration with country consultant to understand client’s goals and needs, communicating campaign metrics and performance to Sales and Client as needed;
- Campaign performance analysis and presentation to client manager and / or consultant for all campaigns
- First level of troubleshooting and triage on technical and performance related issues
Collaboration with Development teams
- Provide feedback and support to product management based on usage of NMPi/Incubeta MG proprietary technology platforms to help drive improvements and quality
- Work regularly with R&D team on giving real-time product improving feedback as well as collaborating with them on new campaign optimization techniques
The Media Buyer is able to independently set up and execute online campaigns for all international customers, in close accordance with the responsible client executive.
Key competencies and work ethic
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Display professional and example behaviour at all times
- Specialized knowledge - have worked in a serious, thoughtful and sustained way to master the specialized knowledge needed to succeed in their fields; and that they keep this knowledge up-to-date, so that they can continue to deliver the best work possible.
- Competency - Professionals get the job done. They're reliable, and they keep their promises. If circumstances arise that prevent them from delivering on their promises, they manage expectations up front, and they do their best to make the situation right. Professionals don't make excuses, but focus on finding solutions.
- Gets the job done with a can do attitude
- Displays honesty and integrity at all times
- Be accountable for their actions even when making mistakes
- Show respect for the people around them, no matter what their role or situation.
- They exhibit a high degree of emotional intelligence (EI) by considering the emotions and needs of others, and they don't let a bad day impact how they interact with colleagues or clients.
- Project a positive attitude at all times towards clients team members and motivate team members when they are less positive.
- Display strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues; display a strong team spirit.
- Maintain the highest standards of delivery, productivity and effectiveness at all times
- Organized and detail oriented
- Display focus and dedication at all times
- Be approachable and open to constructive criticism
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize high volume of projects simultaneously in a fast paced unpredictable environment.
- Ability to remain calm and thrive under pressure
- Strong problem solving skills
- Display a high level independence.
- This includes but is not limited to taking decisions independently while staying within the company guidelines; Proactive attitude; staying self-motivated; being self-reliant; continuous self-development without expecting to be taken by the hand.
- Display a hunger for knowledge and a willingness to learn for any situation
- Respect, appreciate and contribution towards decision making
- Brand Values
- Earn trust
- Help others succeed
- Dare to lead
- Exceed expectations
- Problem solving: Thinks in terms of possibilities. Is able to solve issues and problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Customer and service-orientated: Is orientated towards the satisfaction of customers and actively seeks for ways of keeping up this satisfaction and if possible of increasing it.
- Decisive: Takes prompt action in situations and can reasonably predict the consequences can reasonably be predicted in taking decisions.
- Independence: Carrying out tasks without help from others; trying to take command of problem situations of one's own volition or acting on own conviction.
- Innovative: Identifies and pursues new ideas, solutions, methods and opportunities for increased productivity.
- Creativity: Formulates original and creative solutions and suggestions.
Posted on 03 May 08:53
Apply by emailYusra
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Store Manager, Account Manager, Manager, Marketing Manager, Project Manager, Campaign Manager, Digital Account Manager, Media Specialist, Social Media, Traffic Manager
Get job alerts for Media Manager jobs
Cape Town, Wynberg R22000 Monthly neg
CTG (Committed to Good) enables humanitarian projects through recruitment, effective HR and delivery of Duty of Care. Operating in 25 fragile and conflict-affected...
CTG (committed to good)
2 days ago
Cape Town, Durbanville
We are looking for a detail-orientated paid media specialist who has at least two to three years of experience in the day-to-day management of paid digital...
Imagine This Digital
2 days ago
Cape Town, Foreshore
NMPi is an award-winning digital marketing agency with over 14 years of experience in delivering global campaigns with granular localised targeting.
Cape Town, Foreshore
Overview of the job description The paid media manager (social and display) will be spending our client's digital budgets wisely within the real-time bidding (RTB)...
Cape Town, Foreshore
Overview of job description The media manager will be spending our clients digital budgets wisely within the real time bidding (RTB), paid social and paid search...
Hellomedia is looking for a savvy freelancer that will be able to work well within a team as well as independently.
We are looking for a social media manager with a strong grasp of current marketing tools and digital strategy who will lead integrated social media strategies from...
3 May 2021
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference. An exciting job opportunity has opened up for an experienced and ambitious, mid-weight Paid Media...
Cape Town, Foreshore
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and creative Mid-Weight Social Media Manager to join our team at HelloFCB+.
Cape Town R18500 - R22500 Monthly neg
Overall planning, leading, organising and controlling of the SA Decor & Design website and social media platforms and any new projects identified.
SA Decor & Design
17 Mar 2021
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference. A terrific job opportunity has opened up at a leading ISP’s Cape Town office for an experienced...
We are looking for a digital paid media specialist to join our team in Cape Town.
1 day ago
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference. We have an absolutely fabulous job opportunity for a mid-weight Digital Paid Media Specialist to join...
Cape Town R750000 - R850000 Yearly
The technical team of an Institutional development hub based in Cape Town require a highly skilled Intermediate Full Stack .Net Developer with React.js experience.
SA’s top consulting business providing industry leading Digital solutions to fellow African and global companies is looking for a high calibre Intermediate .Net...
Cape Town, Mowbray
A Mowbray based Software house is on the lookout for an Intermediate Java Developer to produce the highest quality solutions across business processes.
South Africa’s leading investment corporation based in Cape Town northern suburbs is looking for a young talented intermediate Java developer to join its new...
One of the coolest software development House in the country is looking to expand their team with a talented intermediate Java developer.