- Why HR is at risk from cybertattacks
- Celebrate youthful diversity this June on Biz
- Business rescue process: Don't disregard the rights of employees
Strategic Content Editor
Job descriptionWe are looking for an experienced Strategic Content Editor to join our creative team.
We are a team of young and passionate imagineers, creators, instigators, marketers, writers and designers who get excited about creating impactful content for the online space.
Working closely with clients to understand their communications and marketing challenges, you will oversee the strategic approach of the digital campaign work through to publication and reporting on the finished creative and digital product. Working with the creative and strategic team, you will be one of the key people responsible for ensuring strong strategic direction on content and overall content excellence - this includes assisting with overseeing the tone and creative themes of our always-on content - and editing and checking the final products for quality control. The candidate must have experience of working in a busy agency or digital environment and be comfortable leading and guiding creative teams. They should also have solid experience in solving digital communications challenges and seeing a project through from conception to publication. High attention to detail, an eagle-eye for grammar, punctuation and flow; a critical thinker who is in touch with contemporary South African challenges, socio-political issues and trends - and with a grasp and passion for the importance of diversity, inclusion and representation in content and communications solutions is critical.
- Strategic Content design and management experience
- Comfortable with leading and coordinating strategic preparation, presentation, creative workflow, creative production and editorial operations
- Excellent at PowerPoint preparation and is able to put together a strategic document promptly (and under the occasional time pressure) and with the digital knowledge, required depth and branding consideration
- Comfortable working with creatives and debating opinions, changes and critiques
- Having an understanding of digital media and ads and their role in strategy and content is important
- Care about quality and effectiveness of solutions, proactively check all finished work to ensure the highest standards are met and strategic proposals fulfilled
- Plans ahead, works methodically and takes high pride in finished product and successful campaign work
- Takes high pride in ensuring the finishing touches and finesse of campaign work - and that the delivery of the strategic phase comes to life as imagined and promised.
- Digital and Social media experience critical
- Credible writer - able to put compelling ideas and strategies together
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and ability to help shape writing of all forms
- Able to edit and improve work
- Strong editorial grasp of English and able to spot and ensure error-free work
- Team player - comfortable dealing with debate and different personalities
- Must be able to work according to strict deadlines, with empathy and a sense of humour
- Understand how to pair visual and copy to create a powerful impactful message that is on-brand - have a firm grasp of current aesthetic standards and requirements for design/visuals
- Fact checker - someone who asks questions about statements, research, work done and who questions the team's depth and quality of work
- Researcher - should be able to do research and make recommendations
- Ideation - able to sit in brainstorms and drive/manage them to guide the team towards award-winning ideas- able then to compile those ideas effectively and efficiently into strategic outputs
- Must be energised and interested in being in an entrepreneurial environment and being part of an environment where everybody gets their hands dirty and is always learning and willing to learn more
- Must be an all-rounder who enjoys diversity in their role, high-pressure work and learning about business
- Client-facing experience a must
- Must have a clear grasp of South African context, cultural nuances and transformative work
- High proficiency in spoken and written English - multilingualism is always a huge plus. Pan-African experience an advantage.
Posted on 08 Apr 13:28
Apply by emailApinda
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
The Citizen has a vacancy for an assistant editor/senior content manager specialising in lifestyle content for online and print in its Johannesburg editorial department.
We are looking for a video editor and motion graphic designer with mid-senior experience level.
Unity Broadcasting Network
19 Mar 2021
Johannesburg, Industria West
General: Must be competent as a copy sub.Must be able to work according to strict deadlines.Must be passionate about online news and newspapers and have a strong news...
Johannesburg, Cape Town
We're searching for a talented editor with a passion for storytelling and a love for movies and series to join our award winning creative team.
11 Mar 2021
Habitat XR is a multi award-winning Johannesburg based VR company with an important cause: to reconnect people to nature using immersive technology.
5 Mar 2021
Broad Media is growing its online news team and has an opportunity for a deputy editor who wants to work in the technology sector. Broad Media - which owns...
Accounting role ideally suited to newly qualified Accountant, aged 25 - 35 with solid hands on accounting experience.
Pretoria, Centurion R20000 - R25000 Monthly
Accounting role ideally suited to a dynamic recently qualified accountant.
Cumulus Consultants (Pty) Ltd
1 Apr 2021
Bizcommunity.com is South Africa's leading business-to-business online industry news publisher, with an audience of 370,000 multi-industry professionals who stay...
Prepare and reconcile all inter company recoveriesApprove monthly expenses in line with the approval matrix and budgetsPreparation of inter company recovery...