|Get jobs on your |
Digital Marketing Coordinator
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Provident Fund|
|Location:||Cape Town, Sea Point|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Marriott Regional Office Cape Town|
The eCommerce Executive will execute Protea Hotels corporate eCommerce strategy at the hotel level, and ensure that individual hotels are aligning with corporate eCommerce strategies and e-activating their electronic channels (Marriott.com, Proteahotels.com, multi-lingual global sites, eChannels, wholesalers with “e” presence, search engines, and other eMarketing vehicles) to maximize online revenue and profitability. This role will also provide local market insights and recommendations via the eCommerce Manager. The role reports directly to the eCommerce Manager.
eCommerce is the fastest-growing line of business at Marriott. Revenue through online channels (M.com, OTAs, GDSs) has grown significantly accounting for over 40% of Marriott’s worldwide 2013 gross sales, and growing. Meanwhile, online revenue growth in international markets is expected to grow with company’s focus on International expansion. Hotels have an opportunity and obligation to grow their visibility online and fully activate all the approved online tools available to them in order to increase revenue and roomnights at lower cost. The ultimate success of Marriott’s digital strategy is now critically dependent upon knowledgeable, well-trained, and fully-aligned ecommerce associates in the field, working in close collaboration with Corporate and the Regions, to execute them. Many of these programs require substantial hotel support, education, action, and “pull-through” to be successful. This is the role of the eCommerce executive. Specifically, this position will work with hotels to ensure they are fully activated online.
- Sufficient understanding of traditional and online marketing
- One+ years of Internet experience
- Ideal candidate will have hotel property experience, hotel field marketing experience, or equivalent.
- Detail oriented, with demonstrated track record of follow-through and delivery
- Overall knowledge of agreement terms with Protea/Marriott’s electronic partners
- Strong account management skills
- Able to work independently and prioritize objectively
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Knowledge of operations and back end processes
- Knowledge of all Protea Hotel brands and differentiating factors
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Exceptional teamwork
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Good people skills
- Ability to track promotions and provide reports
- Photo Shop, HTML, Microsoft Office software applications desired
- Degree in hospitality management, marketing, technology, or business preferred OR equivalent market/job experience
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive financial result by measuring and room night growth
- Sales and Marketing: Focuses on growing hotel top line online revenue by executing against the eCommerce strategy. Implements on-line e-activation programs in all segments to maximize revenue.
- Achieves individual goals and contributes to team goals. Supports Marriott’s focus on “bias on booking direct” strategic direction.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position. These are based on regional role and responsibilites of eCommerce discipline (based on RACI Matrix), completion of eCommerce Evaluation Tool (EET) and 230+ tasks of the eCommerce Action Plan (EAP).
Serve as the eCommerce lead and execute Protea Hotels’ eCommerce strategy for a set portfolio of hotels:
- Report directly to the eCommerce Manager
- Advise hotels on appropriate on-strategy eCommerce priorities and tactics
- Work with the eCommerce Manager to:
- Set reasonable ecommerce goals for their hotel portfolio, review progress periodically, and troubleshoot performance issues
- Identify hotel-specific online needs
- Suggest budgets for the hotels for eCommerce activities
- Implementing and managing the Hotel Web Sites on Marriott.com and its global sites
- Maintain and update all Marriott.com Hotel Web Site content including marketing messaging, imagery, captions, links, PDFs, hotel alerts, etc.
- Conduct regular audits of Marriott.com Hotel Web Sites to ensure each hotel is optimized for high quality custom images, content, links, and accurate translations, and work with hotels on corrective action
- Serve as the EPIC administrator for the hotels
- Guide hotels in developing hotel website modules for Spa, Golf, F&B and weddings, where applicable
- Manage the pull-through and activation of key corporate eCommerce projects (e.g., new Marriott.com Hotel Web Sites, new field SEO service, and similar corporate “e” services)
- Marketing the Marriott.com Hotel Web Sites
- Assure that hotel websites on Marriott.com and global sites are fully optimized to maximize traffic from search engines. Work with Marriott Digital Services to coordinate Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics and manage the pay-per-click keyword strategy.
- Work with hotels and regional marketing leaders to execute online marketing activities, such as loading Marriott.com Hotel Web Site deals, eMail marketing and affiliate marketing. Responsible for landing page creation, approval of offer copy and images.
- Responsible for offer pull-through on OTA (when needed). Work with partners for campaign optimization
- Coordinate execution of online marketing efforts through approved agencies/vendors.
- Responsible for compiling non-rate code results from the OTAs (impressions, visits).
- Provide tracking, analysis, and reporting on the effectiveness of all e-programs: promotions, PPC, SEO, e-mail, listings, links, banners, etc.
- Provide reports such as ECM1, Evaluation Tool, Dashboard, OTA campaign performance (rate code-campaigns) etc. and take corrective action, as appropriate.
- Critique the reports and provide recommendations to the stakeholders
- Where appropriate, make a business case to regional Directors of eCommerce to justify new features or functionality on M.com and its global sites that would be critical to serve local markets.
- Ensure that all web sites, content, collateral, tactics, etc., for all hotels within the portfolio comply with Marriott’s Internet Brand Standards and Policies. Monitor for off-strategy web tactics and programs, and take appropriate action either directly or in collaboration with area, region, and/or corporate leadership.
- Ensure that all hotels are participating in approved echannels and wholesalers
- Regularly audit content, images, reviews and star ratings on echannels/wholesalers, and work with hotels to make appropriate corrections
- Work with Distribution Manager to define and execute the hotel echannel merchandising plan
- Explore with eChannel partners merchandizing opportunities on their site. Inform hotels of these opportunity
- Execute hotels eChannel marketing tactics
- Collaborate with hotel Revenue Leaders and audit hotel performance on eChannels
- NOTE: This position is not responsible for developing new eChannel partners for the cluster/market. This is the responsibility of the region-level Global eChannel Lead in Corporate HQ
- Use search engine optimization, paid search, email marketing, and other online marketing tactics to increase penetration with target customers
- Collaborate closely with the hotel marketing teams to execute/pull through online brand marketing strategies and plans for the hotel.
- Use the eCommerce Resource guide, training energizers and MGS for training and field support
- Train and educate cluster and/or hotel-level managers on how to e-activate their hotels
- With the help of Corporate GES team, deliver eCommerce training, presentations, and workshops to region, cluster and hotel-level associates and management.
- Serve as cluster-level point-person for Marriott’s eCommerce Strategy. Cultivate relationships and communicate with MPCs, Revenue Managers, GMs, etc., to raise their awareness, understanding, and motivation to e-activate their hotels.
- Utilize eCommerce “EVOLVE” as a vehicle to communicate to the stakeholders regularly
- Maintenance and upkeep of the proteahotels.com platform to align with Protea Hotels and Marriott acquisition goals in South Africa
- Maintenance and upkeep of the Prokard.co.za platform to align with Protea Hotels Loyalty programme and the Marriott Rewards offering in Southern Africa
- Assisting hotels within the portfolio with local domestic leisure third party promotions and activities. This includes loyalty programmes.
Company DescriptionMarriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Posted on 15 Jan 11:14
Get job alerts for Marketing jobs
- Marketing Director, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Digital Marketing Coordinator (Tread & Miller) - Head Office , Cape Town CBD, Cape Union Mart
- Senior Manager Digital Marketing Africa, Cape Town, Sea Point
- Sales & Marketing Executive, Cape Town, Woodstock, Salt River
- Social Media Manager - Internal Marketing, Cape Town, Zonnebloem, R-Squared SA
- Senior Digital Marketing Specialist, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Trade Marketing Assistant, Cape Town, Paarden Eiland
- Digital Marketing Assistant, Cape Town, Gardens
- Marketing Planner, Cape Town, Southern suburbs, Home Choice
- Team Leader - Telemarketing, Cape Town, Southern suburbs, Home Choice
- Digital Marketing/Analytics Intern, Cape Town, Observatory, GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc.
- Marketing/Brand/Communications Intern, Cape Town, Observatory, GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc.
- Influencer Marketing Campaign Management Intern, Cape Town, Trusted Interns
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town
- Digital Marketing/Content Coordinator, Franschhoek
- Marketing Planning Coordinator, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Senior Marketing Manager - Beauty, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Marketing Manager - User Acquisition, Cape Town, De Waterkant
- Digital Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Milnerton
- Digital Marketing Intern, Knysna
- Marketing Trainee, Cape Town, Graduates24
- Senior Finance Analyst, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Finance Analyst, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Part-Time Lecturer – Accounting, Cape Town, Red & Yellow
- Lecturer - Content Creation, Cape Town, Gardens
- Freelance Front-End Lecturer, Cape Town, City Bowl
- Intelligence Analyst II - Health, Cape Town, Steenberg, Tokai
- Financial Integration Systems Analyst, Cape Town, Parklands
- Junior Operations Analyst, Cape Town, Claremont