|Get jobs on your |
Senior Manager Digital Marketing Africa
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Provident Fund|
|Location:||Cape Town, Sea Point|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Marriott Regional Office Cape Town|
Job descriptionThe Senior Manager, Client Services, supervises the daily performance of the team of Digital Managers that directly report into this role and is ultimately responsible for the digital performance of hotels serviced by this team. This position assists their Director with the successful planning for comprehensive digital programs to service hotels across and within their designated Area. This role leads the effort in ensuring high-quality service and employee satisfaction in the Client Services group, analyses programme performance results and makes recommendations for program enhancements. The Senior Manager, Client Service serves as a point of escalation for key stakeholders within Marriott Digital Services for hotel, above-property Area and Continent stakeholders.
Marriott Digital Services (MDS) is an in-house digital services team. MDS provides hotels with digital services, and functions using an agency-like model within the Global Digital organization.
Core work activities
Managing Work, Projects and Policies
Oversees the execution, and coordination of Marriott Digital Services (MDS) programs and services. This includes:
- Defines team culture and vision by leading team meetings, setting and tracking team goals, and creating opportunities for growth.
- Responsible for the delivery of MDS programs, with support from MDS Operations, across a defined area. These programs include, but are not limited to:
- Available Optional Service Packages (Expanded HWS Content, Outlet Site Support, etc.)
- Monitors the work of the team to ensure programs are executed on time, within budget and to a high-quality standard including time tracking.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results to team stakeholders in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Establishes relationships with above property and property stakeholders to ensure strong communication between MDS and properties.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Sets and tracks goal progress for self and others.
- Ownership and management of the MDS “sales” process with potential clients in MEA.
- Serves as the first point of escalation for stakeholders.
- Partners with the Business Support team to ensure proper and accurate billing between MDS Enterprise projects and internal Marriott teams.
- Partners with Program Development and Program Management to educate and identify opportunities for additional MDS program support for hotels.
- Manages team of at least one direct report.
- Establish priorities for executing work across all applicable programs, stages, etc. and monitors bandwidth of team across projects.
- Monitors the work of direct reports to ensure it is completed on time and meets expectations.
- Facilitates hiring activities and new associate onboarding/training as needed.
- Leads regular team meetings.
- Conducts direct report 1:1s, annual performance reviews and other HR functions.
- Identify opportunities for growth and project leadership for direct reports.
- Represents team in resolving situations.
- Identifies and builds new cross-functional partnerships and relationships within larger MDS organization (Client Services, Program Development, Program Operations, Paid Media, MDS Studio, and Business Support), and Global Digital. Builds mutually beneficial relationships to advance scalable solutions for hotels.
- Serves as the primary digital point of contact for hotel and area leaders.
- Maintains relationships and defines working roles with partner Marriott teams as projects evolve.
- Ensure accurate time tracking and regularly reviews and refines processes and quality of work standards to ensure all projects continue to support overarching Marriott Digital strategies, goals and SLAs.
- Ensures monthly and quarterly reporting are delivered on time.
- Provides input for Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs).
- Contributes posts to MDS blog, client newsletter and/or client educational webinars.
- Oversees billing and invoicing, partners with Business Support team as needed.
- Continual education and self-growth through reading industry blogs, social media, white papers, cases studies, research briefs, etc.
- Attends relevant industry conferences, training and seminars, as appropriate.
- Performs other reasonable duties, such as special projects, as assigned by manager and MDS Leadership Team.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Maintains positive working relations with direct reports, department managers, and external teams.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Informs, updates, and provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in-person in a timely manner.
- Manages and implements work and projects as assigned.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested.
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Promotes the fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in the department (e.g., staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviours in all interactions with customer and employees.
- Incorporates customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Utilizes an “open-door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Promotes adherence to policies consistently, follows disciplinary procedures and documents items according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams and assists with their growth and development plans.
Company DescriptionMarriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
RequirementsEducation and Experience
- Seven+ years’ experience in an agency or client services position is required or equivalent experience
- Five+ years’ experience in leading project teams and implementing digital strategies or equivalent experience
- BS/BA degree in marketing or related field or equivalent certification from higher education
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under challenging conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity.
- Brightedge Certification
Posted on 15 Jan 09:43
Get job alerts for Marketing jobs
- Marketing Director, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Digital Marketing Coordinator (Tread & Miller) - Head Office , Cape Town CBD, Cape Union Mart
- Digital Marketing Coordinator, Cape Town, Sea Point
- Sales & Marketing Executive, Cape Town, Woodstock, Salt River
- Social Media Manager - Internal Marketing, Cape Town, Zonnebloem, R-Squared SA
- Senior Digital Marketing Specialist, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Trade Marketing Assistant, Cape Town, Paarden Eiland
- Digital Marketing Assistant, Cape Town, Gardens
- Marketing Planner, Cape Town, Southern suburbs, Home Choice
- Team Leader - Telemarketing, Cape Town, Southern suburbs, Home Choice
- Digital Marketing/Analytics Intern, Cape Town, Observatory, GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc.
- Marketing/Brand/Communications Intern, Cape Town, Observatory, GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc.
- Influencer Marketing Campaign Management Intern, Cape Town, Trusted Interns
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town
- Digital Marketing/Content Coordinator, Franschhoek
- Marketing Planning Coordinator, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Senior Marketing Manager - Beauty, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Marketing Manager - User Acquisition, Cape Town, De Waterkant
- Digital Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Milnerton
- Digital Marketing Intern, Knysna
- Marketing Trainee, Cape Town, Graduates24
- Senior Finance Analyst, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Finance Analyst, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Part-Time Lecturer – Accounting, Cape Town, Red & Yellow
- Lecturer - Content Creation, Cape Town, Gardens
- Freelance Front-End Lecturer, Cape Town, City Bowl
- Intelligence Analyst II - Health, Cape Town, Steenberg, Tokai
- Financial Integration Systems Analyst, Cape Town, Parklands
- Junior Operations Analyst, Cape Town, Claremont