|Get jobs on your |
Digital/Social Media Manager
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Company:||Viv Gordon Placements (VGP)|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Do you live online and breathe social media? We have a fabulous opportunity for you!
We’re on the hunt for a mid-weight digital and social media manager to work their magic at a tertiary academic institution in Cape Town. In this super role, you’ll be responsible for driving the digital strategy and creating the digital marketing roadmap. You will oversee all digital platforms and channels used to promote academic programmes and events. The successful candidate will develop a digital strategy for all aspects of the digital marketing mix including search and performance marketing, social media marketing, digital platform review and data management.
- Devising strategies to drive online traffic to the company website.
- Tracking conversion rates and making improvements to the website along with the website development team.
- Developing and managing digital marketing campaigns with the digital agency.
- Understanding a range of techniques including paid search, SEO and PPC.
- Developing and managing the social media strategy for the company.
- Managing online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness.
- Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
- Responsibility for planning and budgetary control of all digital marketing
- Develop and manage content-based social media networks and blog
- Analyse weekly and monthly social media metrics to feedback to marketing manager for optimisation of overall marketing plan.
- Manage and grow social media presence across multiple platforms along with the community coordinator.
- Continually develop content to engage the community.
- Oversee the monitoring of all social media communications done by the social media coordinator.
- Develop a social content strategy spanning multiple formats (images, text, links, and video), and execute on a content calendar across various social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Monitor the company's online reputation and presence, with strong reporting.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programmes.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum relevant tertiary degree/diploma in marketing/digital marketing.
- Three+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Exceptional grasp of the digital landscape in South Africa.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing, branding and PR communications.
- Display in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Experience with content management systems, email marketing programmes, social media and online analytics essential.
- Professional and sharp written, telephonic and online communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and able to self-manage.
- Strong administration and organisational skills.
- Able to exhibit the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side; able to demonstrate why ideas are analytically sound.
- Experience in other digital marketing functions such as PPC, SEO and mobile marketing
- Organised and proactive.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Solid understanding of digital marketing principles
- Strong team player
- Deadline driven and ability to enforce these
- Personable, presentable and articulate
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills.
Company DescriptionViv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, public relations and publishing industries.
Posted on 14 Jan 12:10
+27 21 422 1037
Get job alerts for Social Media Manager jobs
- Social Media Manager, Stellenbosch, Techno Park
- Community and Social Media Manager, Cape Town, Sea Point
- Junior-Intermediate C# Developer, Cape Town, CBD, MPRTC Recruitment
- Intermediate C# Developer, Cape Town, CBD, MPRTC Recruitment
- Intermediate-Senior Java Developer, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Paid Social Media Specialist, Cape Town, CBD
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731