|Get jobs on your |
|Company:||Cape Town Tourism|
In this position, you will need to have a solid understanding of the digital space including digital strategy, online content marketing and e-commerce. This will include the maintenance, optimisation, development and commercialisation of Cape Town Tourism’s (CTT) current and future digital platforms. Currently, the main purpose of this position is to commercialise our digital offering and uphold our reputation as a forward-thinking and leading Destination Marketing Organisation (DMO) in the digital space.
Whilst technical knowledge is important, ultimately this person needs to understand how to optimise digital platforms with the user in mind, in order to recruit new visitors, drive engagement and to ensure that revenue generating opportunities are identified and maximised.
Critical to the success of the role, is the ability to work within a team and to ensure full integration with all areas of the business: Marketing, Visitor Services and Membership Services.
- All digital platform maintenance, optimisation and development
- Social media management
- Content strategy, plan, creation and implementation
- Digital campaigns
- Lead generation campaigns
- Customer Relations Management (CRM)
- Digital commercialisation.
- Developing and implementing the CTT digital strategy that looks at how CTT more effectively listens to its customers; curates content; engages with customers and converts them to both visit Cape Town and generate revenue
- Basing strategies and plans on analytics and insights, with regular monitoring and optimisation along the way
- Overseeing all of CTT’s digital platforms in order to ensure that the user experience is optimised, and that all our platforms deliver content excellence and drive revenue
- Identifying partners (commercial/database/content/other), negotiating contracts and managing stakeholder relationships
- Developing campaigns to drive traffic to online platforms for conversation
- Building and maximising domestic and international databases through a robust CRM plan
- Managing our digital agency, freelancers and various suppliers
- Developing metrics that will constantly redefine strategies and tactics, to optimise investment in digital platforms
- Reporting on the performance of all digital platforms
- Managing the digital team with three direct reports.
- A marketing degree or equivalent qualification with a strong e-marketing course component
- Experience in e-commerce and monetisation of digital platforms (essential)
- At least eight years’ related work experience with at least five years’ experience in a digital marketing position, including the management of social media platforms and campaigns (essential)
- Advanced computer literacy (working knowledge of HTML, Java or any website coding, will be advantageous)
- Knowledge of web analytics (prerequisite)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface in a positive manner with CTT staff, members of the industry, clients and stakeholders
- Strong competency to communicate the digital space in an understandable way to the team
- The ability to take initiative and improvise based on analytics
- The ability to manage a complex team structure with varied deliverables
- Time management and the ability to meet deadlines (essential)
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and establish personal and team priorities
- The ability to attend events and other off-site functions after hours, if relevant
- A valid code eight drivers licence and own transport
- A passion for Cape Town and a good culture fit
Closing date: 28 January 2019
No telephonic enquiries will be attended to. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
Cape Town Tourism is committed to employment equity. In line with our employment equity plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified and experienced equity candidates.
Posted on 14 Jan 11:38
Get job alerts for Content Manager jobs
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731