|Get jobs on your |
Digital Content Writer/Email Marketer
|Location:||Cape Town, Tokai|
|Company:||Global Vision International (GVI)|
Job descriptionGVI is seeking a prolific and talented content creator to write and edit various content pieces (online, email, and print), specifically for a British and North American youth audience. This role requires a high level of creativity and meticulous attention to detail and grammar, a knack and love for writing, and a comprehensive understanding of travel, experiential education, and volunteering abroad.
We are a dynamic organisation and as such all must be flexible and prepared to get involved in all aspects of the company, specifically within the marketing team. There will be times when all staff will be requested to help with a certain project, and other times where your tasks differ from your formal job description. This is all part of the fun of working here at GVI! It also gives everyone a chance to try out tasks outside the scope of their day-to-day role and build their skill portfolio.
- Maintaining current content, and writing new content for our website, specifically landing pages.
- Managing and creating all email marketing campaigns
- Maintaining current content, and writing new content for partner sites which promote GVI programs
- Writing content for marketing campaigns, print material, downloadable guides, brochures, information packs, and more.
- Supporting the marketing team with writing award submissions
- Contributing to the content and collateral production for all international conferences that GVI attend around the world
- Optimising content for search engines and lead generation for the US market
Company DescriptionWe are a multi-award winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run all our own sustainable development programs in 13 countries worldwide aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
To ensure we are truly having a lasting positive impact, we partner with local governmental and non-governmental organisations on the ground. More than 35,000 participants have either volunteered, interned, or studied abroad with us over the course of our 21 years in operation and most have noted the experience as ‘life-changing.’
Our key management and administrative teams have been based in Westlake for the past five years in the laid-back office space (complete with snack bar) which we call home. We are a pretty hard working bunch, but we are committed to keeping things lighthearted. You’re just as likely to walk into a heated discussion about a current topic in sustainable development as one about which Hogwarts house you might be sorted into.
The successful applicant will ideally have a bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, media, communications, or another arts and humanities field. English studies are essential. The applicant must have 2 years or more work experience either in digital media or in a related occupation.
- Experience writing for the travel and/or international development industry
- Experience marketing to millennials and/or gen z consumers
- Experience writing with SEO in mind
- Experience editing content for brand
- Email marketing experience, ideally using MailChimp
- Experience writing for an American and/or British audience
- Experience updating WordPress websites
Candidates for this position must also be able to demonstrate:
- An eye for detail
- Superior organisational skills
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- An eye for good design
Posted on 09 Jan 15:50
Get job alerts for Content Writer jobs
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731