|Get jobs on your |
Development Professional/Senior Funding Specialist
|Remuneration:||R700000 per year Basic salary|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Groote Schuur Hospital Trust|
Job descriptionDo you want to be part of a legacy in taking Groote Schuur Hospital to the next level?
The Groote Schuur Hospital Trust has recently been established to ensure that Groote Schuur Hospital continues to be a world-class, innovative institution that is revered by its patients and staff. In order to do this, we are looking for a dynamic individual to set up the office, develop a fundraising strategy and kick start its implementation with guidance from the Trust members.
The Trustees seek a unique individual with a wide range of skills and experience in fundraising, external stakeholder engagement and retention, proposal writing, project scoping and budgeting, marketing, social media, and office management.
The key performance areas of this challenging and exciting role include:
- Strategy Direction – being a lead contributor in the surfacing of the Trust’s core areas of attention with respect to
- Most urgent projects to be tackled
- Most likely existing donor/investors with whom the Trust must engage
- Most likely future donor/investors to whom the Trust should begin reaching out
- Establishment of a trust database that will support the operations of the Trust.
- Communications, relations, advocacy – establish solid and respectful lines of communication and personal engagement, both internal and external, including social media, with key stakeholders whom you believe will advance the purposes of the Trust.
- Resource and financial management of the trust’s purposes and Giving Procedures (Section 18 (a) Tax certificates, developing fiscal balance that reflects the growing impact of the new Trust )
- Leadership and culture - set/maintain the tone of high work ethic, professionalism and integrity in every aspect of the Trust’s internal and external operations, in collaboration with the Trust’s existing Secretariat.
- Innovation and Delivery – as the Trust has recently been established, strong elements of innovative approaches towards establishing the funding pipeline must be deployed
- Applications for this full-time position are invited from exceptional, dynamic individuals who are committed to being part of building an organisation that impacts on the lives of thousands of those whom we serve. It is foreseen that this post is necessary to put all the correct building blocks in place that will enable the Groote Schuur Hospital Trust to function successfully, respectfully, professionally, and with a major impact on all aspects of the Hospital’s service delivery to patients and their families. The incumbent will report to the board of trustees and will be based at Groote Schuur Hospital. The initial appointment will be for a six month period.
RequirementsWe invite applications from those who have the following skills set:
- Extensive experience in working at senior management level in a recognised funding environment
- Knowledge and experience of the NPO/PBO and NGO environment
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective multi-layered relationships
- Self-motivation and pro-activeness
- Knowledge and experience in managing donor campaigns
- Ability to create team spirit, foster teamwork and engagement, and harness creative energy that lies within your sphere of influence
- A positive, driven mindset, open and curious with a solutions-oriented attitude
- Fluency in English
- Above average computer skills, including essential database understanding and usage.
Posted on 19 May 13:23