Purpose of the role
|Location:||Johannesburg, Sandown Sandton|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Company:||Primedia Broadcasting Recruiter|
To curate, originate, and repurpose relevant content for EWN’s website, with the goal of increasing user engagement and traffic and attracting unique visitors.Job description
- Repurpose radio interviews, writing them into comprehensive, grammatically correct online articles with the necessary background and context.
- Write original, comprehensive articles based on interviews and bulletins, making them digital worthy with sufficient context, hyperlinks, and other digital items
- Produce original feature articles which include written, visual and audio elements that are packaged and promoted in a way that generates user interest.
- Monitor wire services and post relevant local, international, entertainment, business, technology, and sports stories to the website.
- Upload pictures to the content management system and email boxes to ensure each story has appropriate images.
- Plan stories that speak to the interests of EWN’s core audience, and execute them to the highest standards
- Liaise with external content providers to ensure the delivery of stories and content pieces
- Monitor brand social media platforms, working in conjunction with engagement colleagues to ensure the most relevant mix of content is reflected.
- Ensure content posted to the website is promoted on air where appropriate, liaising with news anchors, producers, and presenters.
- Build positive working relationships with radio staff and management, work collaboratively, and create opportunities to market web content in creative ways.
- Evaluate website traffic trends in an effort to make decisions on both daily content and longer-term content development that will grow traffic.
- Any other tasks assigned by the editor or anyone else appointed by the company
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or equivalent
- Three+ years’ experience in digital media and or journalism
- EWN Superfan, with deep knowledge of the brand, it’s ethos and tone
- Experience working on CMS and audio experience advantageous
- Understanding of how to plan and execute stories and verticals
- Working knowledge of social media best practices
- Excellent writing skills
- Perfect written English
- Ability to match writing style to various brands
- Ability to multi-task without supervision
- Ability to deliver on brief and on tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; team player
- Ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
- Comfortable adapting to changes in evolving industry in a high-pressure environment
- Good understanding of SEO
- Team player
- Innovative, dedicated, and responsible
- Able to work under pressure
- Creative strategic thinker
- Technical problem solver
- Quick decision maker
- Work schedule flexibility
- Passionate about content, a story teller with broad interests and curiosity
- Great sense of humour
Posted on 24 Nov 18:25, Closing date 23 Jan