|Location:||Johannesburg, Ferndale, Randburg|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Type:|| 1 year|
Applications are invited for the above-indicated vacancy within Newzroom Afrika. The incumbent will report to the PCR manager
The autocue operator assists the production in scrolling the scripts for the presenters. The operator controls the speed at which the words scroll on the screen so that the presenter can speak continuously while looking into the cameraKey responsibilities
- Operating the Autocue as per the anchors read speed
- Making notes of any spell errors and relaying to the director
- Ensures that all controls and monitors are working properly
- Ensures that the script is loaded
- Ensures that everything is set up for manual operation
- Ability to identify adlibs and scroll accordingly
- Ensure there are no big gaps between scrips that can throw off the presenter
- Monitoring the rundown for missing content
- Matric plus a relevant certificate/diploma/degree in a field related to television broadcast.
- minimum of two years of experience as autocue operator in live studio production
- Ability to follow instructions and remain professional under pressure.
- Sound troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and stay calm when things go wrong.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Professional self-starter with a growth mindset.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be an effective learner, with a curiosity and desire to learn and understand the entire scope of the in the studio and control room.
- Possess strong fundamental understanding of video and audio production equipment and capabilities
- Excellent command and understanding of English language
- Good multi-tasking skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Willingness to work varied
Posted on 23 Nov 15:06, Closing date 22 Jan