Executive Producer - Freelance Pool
|Location:||Johannesburg, Ferndale, Randburg|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Type:|| 1 Year|
The incumbent will report to the output editor
The executive producer
, working in conjunction with the Bulletin Editor, is responsible for ensuring that the news bulletins are delivered in an engaging, accurate and professional manner. They oversee the overall programme and are responsible for its editorial content. The executive producer has to provide editorial oversight in the planning of discussions and debates, as well as the creation of the rundown. They have to make key editorial decisions throughout the programme, as well as build and maintain a good relationship with the Anchor/s. The Executive Producer has to ensure that the Programme is compelling to the viewers and reflects current news events. The show must meet and exceed Newzroom Afrika’s Audience Ratings Targets.Key responsibilities:
- Produce high quality news broadcasts, including major news events and exclusive stories.
- Write and check scripts for on-air talent.
- Commission on-air elements and graphics.
- Give editorial guidance on programme creation.
- Take the lead in the planning of the show and work closely with guest producers to deliver high quality on-air guests and discussions.
- Think creatively on how to continuously better the on-air product.
- Create unique and show-specific content.
- Create straps and other on-air elements.
- Subbing show content.
- Provide Quality Control of all on-air content.
- Lead the gallery crew.
- Manage the Output Team.
- Lead the planning and debrief meetings.
- Effective and authoritative communication to the anchor, output team and gallery crew.
- Direct the teams in a breaking news environment.
- Ensure that Newzroom Afrika’s editorial guidelines are adhered to.
- Ensure the programme continuously meets Newzroom Afrika’s Audience Ratings’ targets.
- Liaise with the Input and Online Departments to cultivate a collaborative approach to news gathering and delivery across the channel.
- Responsible for the Programme’s forward planning.
- Play a mentorship role to junior team members.
- Cultivate a culture of creativity.
- Ongoing team feedback.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in television news production.
- Degree or diploma in journalism and/or media qualification.
- Knowledge of newsroom production systems and workflows.
- Good grasp of English and other South African official languages.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of local and global issues.
- Passion for news and current affairs.
- Good understanding of legal and ethical issues with regards to TV broadcasts.
- Understanding of BCCSA Code of Conduct.
- Excellent Editorial Judgment.
- Agility in making editorial decisions and communicating effectively to the anchor and gallery crew.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Performance driven
- Team player
- Solutions driven
- Attentive to details
- Audience centered
- Approachable, receptive to feedback from others.
Posted on 21 Sep 13:47, Closing date 20 Nov