Main role purpose (80%)
The media account manager is the central contact person responsible for managing and driving all media-related aspects of the brands in his/her portfolio, including having a clear understanding of the brands, providing strategic direction, monitoring KPIs and budgets, as well as ensuring the effective implementation and buying of all campaigns.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with his/her respective brand client teams.
- Have a deep understanding of Client's business and each brand within his/her portfolio.
- Manage the overall day-to-day media activity of the brands in his/her portfolio.
- Based on client briefs, compile high quality, innovative media strategies (traditional + digital).
- Encourage collaboration with relevant DAN partner agencies, eg. Posterscope.
- Manage output across all DAN partner agencies and integrate seamlessly.
- Allocate realistic budgets to campaigns/media platforms and monitor accordingly.
- Agree on and then track/monitor KPIs, ensuring that these are met.
- On approval of strategies, brief media planner to compile campaign schedules.
- Oversee approval of schedules and ensure accurate buying briefs.
- Do monthly flow plan checks and address over-/underspends.
- Continuously look for and present proactive media ideas to the brand teams.
- Evaluate media proposals and make recommendations to client accordingly.
- Put together insightful post-campaign reports, including recommendations for future campaigns.
- Together with the insight’s division, drive competitive brand reviews when / if required.
- Assist the buyer in chasing creative material, when and if required.
- On a weekly basis, communicate accurate account status to client and internal team.
- Support the BUD / Hub in providing portfolio-related information when / if required.
- Assist the finance team in resolving invoice queries.
- Keep abreast of industry thinking and trends.
Role purpose within SSA (20%)
The MAM is the regional lead for any expansion brand in his/her portfolio and is therefore responsible for strategic media direction, high-quality output and knowledge/skill transfer to our different country offices. He/she also serves as the link between the SA-based Brand Director and our respective in-country teams.
- Build / maintain strong relationships with our in-market teams.
- Cascade regional briefs down to the relevant in-market teams.
- Guide the compilation of high quality, innovative media strategies (traditional + digital).
- Encourage collaboration with relevant DAN partner agencies.
- Do fortnightly check-ins with the in-market teams to ensure that things are on track.
- Assist in setting up KPIs and guiding the compilation of high-quality post-campaign reports.
- Ensure monthly reporting to BUD / Hub team on budgets, actual spends, campaign activity, KPIs.
- Also engage Hub team to assist in resolving issues.
-Minimum five years media agency experience
- Excellent media strategic skill across both traditional and digital media
- Proficient in Microsoft programs such as PowerPoint / Excel / Word
- Excellent client-facing and account management skills
- Excellent English communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Great presentation skills
- Great time management
- Good at building relationships with clients, media owners and colleagues
- Attention to detail (accuracy)
- Work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Good analytical skills
- Can-do attitude
- Team player