Manager - Executive Communication
Stellenbosch UniversityCorporate Communication and Marketing DivisionManager: Executive CommunicationRef. KB/110/0522The Corporate Communication and Marketing Division (CCMD) creates a competitive advantage for Stellenbosch University (SU) by strategically positioning the SU brand and implementing effective communication and marketing programmes, thereby enabling the University to realise its vision of being Africa's leading research-intensive university, globally recognised as excellent, inclusive and innovative, that advances knowledge in service of society. The CCMD currently has a vacancy for a Manager: Executive Communication. To support the University in achieving its vision and establishing a respected, innovative thought leadership profile, the incumbent will be responsible for proactively positioning members of the Rectorate through the development of high-level content for various internal and external communication platforms. The incumbent will also collaborate with the Manager: Media on building relationships with the media and ensuring optimal positioning of the University. When requested, the incumbent will act as the official University spokesperson.Duties
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
- Planning and developing communication campaigns and copy for members of the Rectorate across a variety of channels and mediums;
- Defining communication risks, issues, challenges and opportunities in collaboration with internal partners;
- Aligning output in various formats with divisional and institutional strategic policy documents.
- Supporting the Media Office by identifying news and positioning opportunities, and developing specialist content aligned with institutional themes and objectives;
- Providing communication advisory support to the Rectorate, and acting as the official University spokesperson, when requested;
- Monitoring and analysing external media pertaining to members of the Rectorate.
Governance and reporting:
- Compiling quarterly Management Reports to Council and Senate for the Rector, in collaboration with the Executive Manager: Rectorate;
- Compiling content for various institutional reports on behalf of the Rectorate.
- Developing strategic content for the University's social media channels on behalf of Rectorate members;
- Assisting with the development of content for the University's digital platforms, including the SU website, videos, mailers, and podcasts on behalf of Rectorate members, in conjunction with internal partners.
- Formulating speeches for members of the Rectorate and preparing/coordinating accompanying content;
- Populating repositories for speeches and other written and audio-visual communication pieces in consultation with internal partners.
- Relevant B-degree or equivalent qualification in communication, media, journalism, public relations, politics, philosophy, or education;
- A minimum of ten years' experience in a media or corporate communication environment;
- Extensive research, writing and media production experience at senior level;
- Portfolio of writing about a diverse range of topics;
- Strong, systematic organisational skills;
- Proven experience in media liaison or public relations;
- The ability to function effectively in a multilingual and multicultural environment;
- The ability to work irregular hours (including weekends) and travel;
- Computer literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Outlook, and Teams;
- The ability to accurately report information as well as fine attention to detail.
Commencement of duties:
- Postgraduate university qualification;
- Multimedia production experience (online, radio, television);
- Experience as a speech writer or campaigner;
- Experience in a public relations or higher education environment.
1 July 2022 or as soon as possible thereafterClosing date:
25 May 2022Enquiries regarding this post:
Ms. Tertia Kruger on 021 808 9730 or at target="_blankEnquiries regarding remuneration/benefits, as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process:
Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753, or at target="_blankStellenbosch University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and email addresses of at least three referees)
, must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.APPLY ONLINE AT https://www.sun.ac.za/english/careers BY USING THE APPLY NOW LINK AT THE TOP RIGHT-HAND CORNER OF THE SPECIFIC VACANCY PAGE.The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.Should no feedback be received from the University within four to six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 13 May 11:40, Closing date 25 May