Mid Video Editor
|Remuneration:||R12000 - R16000 per month negotiable cost-to-company |
|Location:||Stellenbosch, Techno Park|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Company:||Lumico (Pty) Ltd|
We are looking for a video editor that accepts overall ownership of the post-production phase of creating high-quality videos or films that aligns with the client strategy and needs. This is done by bringing together raw footage and media and editing it to create exceptional video material with seamless transitions, coherent storylines and visual appeal. OperationalPre-production
&&• Proactively drive communication between the community management team and Videographer to attain sufficient information from the client regarding their needs and the particulars of the brief.
&&• Receive and clarify client brief/needs through the appropriate system as well as direct engagement with community management team and Videographer.
&&• Ensure clear articulation of conceptual directions through storyboards and communication. Video editing and animation
&&• Tell compelling stories through effective interpretation of raw video material.
&&• Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the video.
&&• Input music, dialogues, graphics, animation and effects.
&&• Create rough and final cuts.
&&• Adding editorial understanding to the production of each video/video footage provided by the videographer.
&&• Understand and capture the client strategy through video editing.
&&• Use the appropriate software to build animation videos to support the clients narrative Communication and Liaison
&&• Engage designer team for support and input.
&&• Continuously engage with Videographer to deliver high-quality work.
&&• Maintain feedback loop with Videographers and Community management team to ensure alignment with client strategy and needs.Final product
&&• Producing long and short format video productions.Administration and recordkeeping
&&• Maintain video libraries and footage archives.Research and self-development
&&• Stay abreast of industry trends and competitors to ensure business relevance.
&&• Research best technological (software) solutions on a project-to-project basis.
- Tertiary qualification in film, video, media or related field.
- Minimum of one-year relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially After Effects, Premier Pro and MS Office.
- Demonstrates the ability to capture the client strategy through video editing.
- Demonstrates ability to recognise how different arrangements of video clips affects viewers emotionally.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all elements of producing a finished film or video.
- Good storyteller.
- Curious and imaginative.
- Eye for appealing visuals.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Deadline driven.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Fast learner.
Posted on 13 May 08:34, Closing date 12 Jul