Travel/Technical Productions Operations Admin
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
Applications are invited for the above-indicated vacancy within Newzroom Afrika. The incumbent will report to the facilities manager.Job purposeTravel Administration
Provides professional, high-quality administration and coordination of services managing the day-to-day travel arrangements for employees and clients according to a specific organization's business and budget needs. Responsibilities include researching, arranging, and coordinating travel, transportation, and accommodation which involves sourcing, comparing, and booking the most cost-effective travel including last-minute or large-scale requests. It requires the need to be “on-call” beyond normal business hours to address any needs and/or queries employees or clients may have in transit.TPO office
Provides professional, high-quality administration and coordination of services in managing the day-to-day office operations. The position includes handling information requests, inventory management, ordering supplies, and overseeing the office space, structure, and organization to meet the needs of staff. Liaising with service providers and contractors. It also includes the support of the company's frontline staff.Key responsibilities:
- Research and book flights, ground transportation, and hotel accommodations.
- Provide travelers with directions and destination information.
- Enforce company travel and expense policies.
- Need to be 'on-call' beyond normal business hours to address any needs and/or queries an employee or client may have in transit.
- Create detailed itineraries using programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook to meet employer-specific budgets and deadlines.
- Research travel procedures and destination information on the Internet.
- Create and maintain relevant files and databases, stay in constant communication with employees, clients, and venues.
- Book travel arrangements, draft travel itineraries, inform clients and keep them updated on any changes.
- Serve as a general resource and point of contact for travel-related arrangements.
- Maintain an up-to-date budget sheet and produce accurate reports of all travel schedules with supporting documentation.
- Other duties as may be reasonably requested.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency.
- Manage agendas, appointments, etc. for the TPO department.
- Manage correspondance.
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data.
- Loading of monthly invoices and reconciling of monthly spending.
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary such as stationery etc.
- Submit timely reports and proposals as assigned.
- Support the Facilities Manager in supervising and monitoring frontline desk, cleaners, and security personnel including admin staff in the absence of the Facilities Manager.
- Standby support for the frontline desk.
- General admin tasks.
- Provide day-to-day administrative and task management support to the Facilities Manager.
- By directive of the Facilities Manager, assist in managing the allocation of working space and furniture for new recruits and keep the Facilities Manager informed of any possible problems regarding working areas.
- Assist the Facilities Manager with overseeing compliance with legal requirements such as occupational health and safety, security, and cleaners on work the premises.
- Assist the Facilities Manager with the smooth running of the office environment.
- Assist with the overseeing of contractors on site.
- Oversee day-to-day requirements of access control, allocation of and availability of parking space, purchasing of office equipment, general consumables, and supplies.
- Capture invoices as support to the Facilities Manager.
- Petty cash reconciliation for the Facilities Department.
- Monitoring facilities calls with Multichoice and internal services providers for repairs and maintenance logged by the Maintenance and Facilities Assistance.
- Assisting the Facilities Manager to track monthly payments and projects.
- Attending to any adhoc facilities and office duties such as the opening of lockers etc.
- Customer service – understanding and managing expectations from the facilities manager and executives heads, departments and guests
- Understanding Confidentiality
- Understanding the policies and procedures within task assigned
- A solid five to eight years of relevant experience in a similar travel administration, facilities, and office administrator role.
- Ability to priorities activities
- Reporting writing skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Sound knowledge of the occupational health and safety regulations
- Basic accountancy experience will be essential
- Good grasp of English and other official South African languages
- Must be prepared to work shift hours, including early morning and late evening
- Team player.
- Extended hours may be required from time to time.
- It requires the need to be 'on-call beyond normal business hours to address any needs and/or queries employees or client may have in transit
- Viewer centric
Newzroom Afrika is a premier South African 24-hour TV news channel broadcasting in Southern Africa, East, and West Africa.
Posted on 25 Nov 13:35, Closing date 3 Dec