Media Strategist/Planner - MENA
The digital media strategist and planner
will be responsible for ensuring the success of the digital media planning and buying within Incubeta. The ultimate goal of this role is building the clients' brands and generating leads across the most effective platforms/channels by developing in-depth and well-formulated media strategies, and media plans based on clients business objectives.
This role will require an omnichannel strategic approach with a mix of innovative, creative and tech-savvy approaches, as well as direct in-market niche publisher relationships, to develop and oversee the implementation of robust digital media strategies and associated media plans whilst supporting others within the media planning and buying team.Working hours:
Place within organisation:
- Extended hours or work week to align with the MENA market operating hours i.e. MENA workweek is Sunday - Thursday.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Direct report to media strategy lead in the global operations team.
- Works closely with the global, operational and functional heads within the Incubeta Group
- Incubeta media strategy and planning representative for the MENA clients, partners and publishers
- Drives media strategy and planning collaboration (often across multi-project workstreams) between the MENA business unit (account management, consultants, project managers) and the operational hub team ( delivery managers, media traders, creative team, and SEO analysts.)
Qualification and experience
- Drive best practice media planning and buying guidelines, KPI's and standardised reporting within the MENA market
- Provide strategic research including market insights and/or media landscape insights, market and channel mix recommendations.
- Develop and present digital media strategies that maximize ROI on the media investments for Incubeta clients.
- Ensure the working media budget is efficiently and effectively optimised ensuring timely delivery of campaigns against budget.
- Foster relationships with Publishers (media owners)
- Manage negotiations and agreements of the media planning and buying between local Publishers (media owners) and Incubeta maximising the media investments for Incubeta clients.
- Sourcing publisher products and deals that are relevant and pertinent to the time of year and/or deal specifications.
- Work closely with the In-Market Lead Consultant, to effectively deliver on client proposals, solutions and roadmaps to achieve the objectives.
- Collaborate with the Operational teams to promote organisational collaboration between all Incubeta business functions & bring service delivery to the forefront of Incubeta’s offering
- Financial management of media bookings and performance on behalf of Incubeta clients. Ownership to deliver on booking vs. targets/forecast for the clients’ media plans.
- Drive the creation and delivery of solutions that build on the business’s current offerings through the adoption of innovative and collaborative thinking
- Drive compliance and proactively makes improvements to Incubeta’s Digital Media Strategy and planning processes, policies and procedures within the MENA Business Unit.
- Implementation of best-practice and showcasing Digital Media Strategy trends to the MENA team.
- Keep abreast of competitor activity/new market communication.
- Foster relationships within Incubeta to strengthen relationships with other departments
- Minimum of four years of digital marketing experience in a media planning and strategy role within, digital media, digital technology, client service and solutions consulting, or a similar environment
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing/CRM/general digital business challenges affecting an organisation within the Middle East and Africa markets
- Expert understanding of the digital agency, performance marketing landscape, it’s challenges and opportunities
- Strong understanding of all digital marketing channels, ad technologies, cross-media solutions and are passionate about (ad) technology and how technology can shape the online advertising industry and ecosystem for the benefit of our customers
- Strong knowledge of and practical experience in Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter Ads Manager and premium publishers/other media networks.
- A functional understanding of using and implementing one of the leading digital marketing solutions/tools - Google Marketing Platform including Campaign Manager, DV360, SA360, Google Analytics
- Significant experience with trends, issues and solutions in the area of Digital Marketing, Digital Advertising, Programmatic, DMP, DSP, SSP, Sales, Service and Customer Management
- Experience in Media or Digital agencies/advertisers Media Management department or Media Company / Media Research Agencies
- An in-depth understanding of the Middle East and Africa media market, with a key focus on the travel/airline industry (ie, media cost dynamics, landscape, media usage trends, etc.).
- Experience in both media planning and buying along with a strong digital foundation is a requirement, with an ability to stay ahead of the ever-evolving media landscape
Key competencies and work ethic
- Strategic thinking for alignment with the company's long term objectives.
- Digital Expertise: experienced with all forms of digital platforms (DV360), types of buys and formats (Programmatic, Direct Buys etc) and measurement (Google Analytics/Adobe Analytics etc)
- Strong negotiating skills as well as the ability to analyze disparate streams of data is needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the capability of engaging customers on a C-Suite level
- Strong Internal and external presentation ability
- Ability to build networks. Very strong supplier relationship management skills. Has well established external media network
- General: Intelligent, resourceful, analytical, persuasive, commercial and entrepreneurial
- Decisiveness: Formulate a well-informed decision and take appropriate action at the right moment in time
- Integrity: Comply with generally accepted social and ethical standards in job-related activities
- Client-Centric: Be aware of the customer's needs/demands. Use this proactively.
- Team-work: Contribute actively to a joint result or solution to a problem, even when such teamwork concerns a matter that is not of immediate personal interest. Team-driven, with an emphasis on what is best for the company at large and able to cooperate.
- Professionalism: Execute flawlessly and cost-efficiently. Desire to constantly optimise our business. Extremely data-driven. Possess the ability for strategic vision, execution through leadership, team guidance.
- Inspirational: Leading by example to inspire & motivate. Enthusiastic and passionate for digital marketing, highly motivated individual with a serious and goal-oriented work ethic.
- Planning / Action: Determine goals and priorities effectively and stipulating the time, activities and resources required to achieve the set goals.
- Entrepreneurship: Hunt for and exploit market opportunities for both current and new products/ services and consider them in a businesslike manner; dare to take risks to achieve a business advantage.
- Vision: Stand back from day-to-day activities and make a translation into realistic business objectives. Also, be able to help formulate these strategies.
- Achievement Orientation: Set high standards and actively focus on achieving results and objectives. Show dissatisfaction with average performance.
- Initiative: Independent self-starter, extremely proactive and organised. Attention to detail
If you believe that you are the ideal candidate for this position, please send through your cover letter and current CV to Natasha at moc.atebucni@astnelat
Please take note that if you do not receive a response from us within two weeks of submitting your application, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Posted on 11 Oct 13:50, Closing date 10 Dec