Online Business News Editor
Bizcommunity.com is South Africa's leading business-to-business online industry news publisher, with an audience of 270,000 multi-industry professionals who stay informed and publish corporate content across 19 sectors of the economy.
An exciting opportunity has opened in Bizcommunity’s editorial team for a midweight journalist and editor who would be responsible for managing and creating content across the Finance and Healthcare portals. This position is available in Cape Town.Core responsibilities
- Cover daily news across finance, healthcare and related industries
- Produce high-quality editorial content – including news articles, features and interviews
- Sub-edit, aggregate, proofread and fact-check copy
- Source and manage content supplied by industry thought leaders
- Upload copy and images/multimedia onto the content management system in a timely manner
- Contribute towards multimedia content by conducting video and podcast interviews
- Assist in compiling and proofing weekly and special newsletters
- Attend, cover, network and represent Bizcommunity favourably at relevant industry events
- Share content to relevant Bizcommunity social media accounts
- Journalism/language tertiary studies
- 5+ years experience in an online publishing environment, preferably in news media
- Experience working on finance and/or healthcare content advantageous
- Strong writing skills and a meticulous eye for spelling and grammar
- Computer literate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic image editing experience
- Social media skills
- Good time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Good people skills
- Enjoy reading and writing
- Work well individually and within a team
- Be self-motivated, disciplined and conscientious
- Willing to take initiative
To apply, email your 2-page CV, a brief (200 words max) cover letter and three examples of your writing to moc.ytinummoczib@tnetnocylppa
with #ONLINEEDITOR in the email subject line.
All potential candidates will be required to write a test based on various aspects of the position.
If you have not received a reply within two weeks of applying, you have unfortunately not been considered for the position.
Posted on 14 Oct 14:33, Closing date 4 Dec