|Remuneration:||negotiable tctc |
|Benefits:||Medical aid and Provident Fund|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Primedia Broadcasting Recruiter|
Job descriptionPurpose of the role
Assisting the station manager with looking after the sound of the station. To help provide a productive environment where on-air talent and those responsible for the sound of the station create excellent programming which attracts suitable prospects that can be delivered to advertisersJob description Assisting the station manager with the programming on the station
Assisting the station manager in building and growing the audience within target market
- Providing guidance and regular feedback to presenters and producers
- Facilitating sharing of information between producers
- Conduct regular air checks with various programming teams
- Building and growing the audience within target market
- Developing new on-air talent
- Monitoring adherence to programming disciplines and programming management framework
Assisting the station manager in implementing the programming strategy
- Works with radio consultant to improve output
- Use data and other insights to inform programming direction
- Implement station plans including action plans as well as show plans
- Ensure the station produces and delivers good quality content
- Ensure the station connects with the target audience
- Listen to the station to ensure quality product
Assisting station manager with the station’s digital strategy
- Guiding the programming teams on a day-to-day basis
- Take part in annual strategy sessions and assist in facilitating development of annual strategy for 702
- Ensuring editorial integrity of the station
- Implement 702 strategy across all its platforms
Providing business support to station management
- Liaising with digital and EWN
- Support implementation of station’s digital strategy
- Collaborate with programming and digital on content innovation
Provide support for the station’s commercial success
- Representing the station where necessary
- Assist the sales team in co-creating solutions for clients
- Contribute to the business through the relevant forums (Opco)
- Provide support to HC by identifying training needs of presenters, content producers and technical producers
- Assist the commercial manager in conjunction with CS in the development client solutions.
- Support and assist in the execution of commercial campaign to the highest standards, exceeding client expectations.
- Assist with trade marketing through trade roadshows representation and key engagements with clients.
- Tertiary qualification (Media studies/Journalism)
- 5 - 8 Years’ related experience
- Strong background in radio with first-hand knowledge of the broadcast industry, including the interplay between content and commercial
- Managing the process of content production between programming, news and digital
- Managing the execution and implementation of key content sales drives
- Ensure alignment and integration of programming and digital strategies
- Ensuring good on-air call screening discipline
- Execution of client campaigns in line with programming framework
- Oversight of simulcast shows
- Good knowledge of talk radio format and 702’s format
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial environment
- Programming experience
- Leading and inspiring People: Leads by example and acts as role model while instilling trust in leadership and the organisation. Inspires and motivates people to exceed expectations and commitments.
- Living the organisation's values and behaviours: Acts as brand custodian and makes decisions in line with organisational values.
- Empowering and involving people: Accepts responsibility to achieve results through other people. Works collaboratively and allows others to challenge the status quo.
Managing Performance: Sets challenging goals in line with the organisation's vision. Expects others to perform and mentors them to enable high performance.
- Recognising and rewarding high performance: Creates a culture where people feel valued and recognised for their efforts and performance.
- Building capacity: Embeds continuous professional development/learning as part of the organisational culture in order to support the organisation's vision
- Delivering continuous improvement: Identifies and develops strategic solutions in order to improve organisational efficiency
- Creating sustainable success: Encourages and nurtures innovative solutions in order to maintain a competitive edge within the broadcasting industry
- Proactive and able to take initiative against sound business risk management principles
- Accountable and responsible for actions and delivery of projects
- Comfortable to work independently with limited supervision
- Deadline driven and punctual to over-exceed delivery timelines
- Passionate about learning and implementing innovative marketing ideas
- Mature and able to receive and give constructive feedback
- Team player: willing to work cooperatively with others, within the team and across departments, towards a common objective
- Planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Emotional intelligence
- Presentation skills/ articulate
- Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment, with a result-driven attitude.
- Ability to foster working relationships, both within the external and internal environment.
Posted on 23 Sep 09:17, Closing date 21 Nov