Soapie and TV Journalist/Writer
|Remuneration:||R10000 - R12000 per month basic salary |
|Benefits:||Attractive Monthly Incentive|
|Company:||The South African|
Job descriptionKey purpose of the role:
South African is looking for a Soapie and TV Journalist/Writer to join our dynamic Lifestyle and Entertainment team in bringing engaging local telenovela content to our readers.
As Soapie writer you will be required to cover content related to popular soapies, including: Skeem Saam
, House of Zwide
, 7de Laan
, Generations: The Legacy
, Imbewu: The Seed
, The Queen
, The River
- Posting the latest behind-the-scenes, industry-related news and content related to soapie actors and actresses on-and off-screen lives.
- Set up soapie quizzes.
- Industry Interviews, write reviews and spoilers if necessary
- Publishing 6 - 8 stories per day
- Help aggregate stories to give it a fresh feel and read
- Be proficient on major social media platforms
- Understand keyword targeting and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Live blog and live tweet on developing stories
- Interested candidates should possess a passion for writing about all the ongoing drama in local soapie series.
- The candidate should be passionate about and eager to express their opinions about the dramas they review.
- The candidates should be able to discuss what is happening both on-screen and behind the scenes, covering the actions of the characters while keeping an eye on the show’s production.
- Our success is directly attributed to our people and the quality of our team. Finding people who we can trust to deliver to our high standards is something we strive for.
- Three to five years' experience covering a variety of subject matter (i.e. Entertainment/showbiz/celebrity journalism)
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to work independently and be an excellent communicator
- Solid knowledge of working on social media platforms
- Insight into search engine optimisation
- An extensive contact base in the TV, music, arts and entertainment industries will be advantageous.
Training and mentoring is a key focus area for The South African, and all new employees will be required to participate in our induction process, which will cover topics such as SEO, WordPress, Google Analytics etc. Training is provided where necessary.
We own other international titles that are managed from South Africa. If you are interested in writing / blogging in a freelance capacity for an Australian title please send us your CV.
Posted on 15 Sep 16:12