Media Strategist and Planner - SA Market
The digital media strategist and planner
will be responsible for ensuring the success of digital media planning & buying within Incubeta. The primary goal of this role is to help clients build their brands and generate leads across the most effective platforms/channels. This is achieved by developing in-depth and well-formulated media strategies, and media plans based on our clients business objectives.
The ideal Media Strategist has a good operational understanding of all media channels and the way a media strategy is brought together. They have implemented campaigns on platforms like Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads Manager and DV360 and they understand how campaigns roll-out. Great communication skills are a key requirement when liaising with various teams/departments, clients and negotiating with publishers.Place within organisation
Tasks and responsibilities
- Reports to the Head of Media Strategy and Planning in the Global Ops Team.
- Works internally with the Media Managers, Media Consultants, Commercial Team and externally with clients and publishers.
Building out Digital Media Strategy and Media plans as part of the Media Strategy and Planning team, including but not limited to:
Knowledge and experienceImperative skills
- Drive best practice media planning and buying guidelines, KPI's and standardised reporting
- Provide strategic research including market insights and/or media landscape insights, market and channel mix recommendations.
- Develop and present digital media strategies that maximize ROI on the media investments for Incubeta clients.
- Ensure the working media budget is efficiently and effectively optimised ensuring timely delivery of campaigns against budget.
- Foster relationships with Publishers (media owners)
- Manage negotiations and agreements of the media planning and buying between local Publishers (media owners) and Incubeta maximising the media investments for Incubeta clients.
- Source Publisher products and deals that are relevant and pertinent to the time of year and/or deal specifications.
- Work closely with the Client Lead Consultant, to effectively deliver on client proposals, solutions and roadmaps to achieve the objectives.
- Collaborate with the Operational teams to promote organisational collaboration between all Incubeta business functions & bring service delivery to the forefront of Incubeta’s offering
- Financial management of media bookings and performance on behalf of Incubeta clients. Ownership to deliver on booking vs. targets/forecast for the clients’ media plans.
- Drive the creation and delivery of solutions that build on the business’s current offerings through the adoption of innovative and collaborative thinking
- Drive compliance and proactively makes improvements to Incubeta’s Digital Media Strategy and planning processes, policies and procedures
- Own implementation of best-practice and showcasing Digital Media Strategy trends to the wider team
- Keep abreast of competitor activity/new market communication.
- Foster relationships within Incubeta to strengthen relationships with other departments
- Minimum four years’ experience in a Media Planning & Strategy role
- Expert understanding of the digital agency & performance marketing landscape, it’s challenges and opportunities
- Experience in both media planning and buying along with a strong digital foundation is a requirement, with an ability to stay ahead of the ever-evolving media landscape
- Strong understanding of all digital marketing channels, ad technologies and cross-media solutions
- Passionate about (ad) technology and how technology can shape the online advertising industry and ecosystem for the benefit of our customers
- Strong knowledge of and practical experience in Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter Ads Manager and premium publishers/other media networks.
- A functional understanding of using and implementing one of the leading digital marketing solutions/tools - Google Marketing Platform including Campaign Manager, DV360, SA360, Google Analytics
- Good technical communicator - be able to turn complexity into simplicity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand the customer's key business & marketing challenges and translate this into how you can achieve these goals by working with the media buyers, media consultants and publishers.
Key competencies and work ethic
- Positive, friendly and approachable
- Proactive and a stickler for details
- Outstanding ability to think creatively & strategically within the digital marketing space.
- A great communicator, with the ability to talk with clients and other partners.
- A self-starter that seeks knowledge and expertise in digital media buying.
- Tech Savvy: picks up new technology quickly and has intermediate knowledge and experience with programmatic media buying.
- Experience in stabilizing high-pressure situations & tight deadlines.
- Can work independently and prioritise multiple projects.
- Thinks ahead and is able to identify areas of improvement and innovation for clients.
- General: Intelligent, resourceful, analytical, persuasive, commercial and entrepreneurial
- Decisiveness: Formulates a well-informed decision and takes appropriate action at the right moment in time
- Integrity: Comply with generally accepted social and ethical standards in job-related activities
- Client-Centric: Be aware of the customer's needs/demands. Use this proactively.
- Team-work: Team-driven, with an emphasis on what is best for the company at large and able to cooperate.
- Professionalism: Execute flawlessly and cost-efficiently. Desire to constantly optimise our business.
- Inspirational: Leading by example to inspire & motivate. Enthusiastic and passionate for digital marketing, highly motivated individual with a serious and goal-oriented work ethic.
- Planning / Action: Determine goals and priorities effectively and stipulating the time, activities and resources required to achieve the set goals.
- Achievement Orientation: Set high standards and actively focus on achieving results and objectives. Show dissatisfaction with average performance.
- Initiative: Independent self-starter, extremely proactive and organised. Attention to detail
If you believe that you are the ideal candidate for this position, please send through your cover letter and current CV to Natasha at .moc.atebucni@astnelat
Please take note that if you do not receive a response from us within two weeks of submitting your application, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Posted on 30 Jul 07:53