- Employment stimulus helps to create 8,000 new jobs
- Build your bravery in 24 hours: Register now for the Brené Brown Dare to Lead training
- Mentorship programmes in Kenya can make graduates more employable. Here's how one works
Multimedia Journalist - Online
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Africa Community Media|
- Develop and repurpose online content (including photographs) from conception to delivery for use across all digital platforms for Africa Community Media.
- Initiate, source, research, follow up and provide accurate, high quality online content, for use across all editorial platforms.
- Report, record and edit online content into compelling video pieces for use across digital platforms.
- Effectively use social media to break news and to engage with online audiences.
- Manage a short- and long-term diary.
- Meet the deadline demands of online production across the multiple platforms
- Manage a publication schedule for ACM’s websites to ensure they are regularly updated with fresh content.
- Consistently project a positive image of the ACM brands.
- Any other functions as when required.
Company DescriptionAfrica Community Media are proud custodians of a stable of long established titles in the Western, Northern and Eastern Cape, in addition to 7 Shoppers in Kwazulu-Natal.
Our 15 Cape Community titles, distributed in the Western Cape, are an integral part of each of the communities they serve. Their longevity is testament to their popularity and advertisers’ response, with 694 000 copies distributed weekly.
- Must have a tertiary qualification in journalism or equivalent.
- Must have two to three years’ experience of writing online content in a newspaper or similar environment.
- Must supply video links as evidence of online work done in the past.
- Writing skills, high levels of literacy and the ability to make critical and valid journalistic judgements.
- Film and video editing skills
- Must supply a contactable list of contacts.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Be technologically advanced on all social network platforms
- Excellent writing skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with relevant industry content.
- Must have the ability to think creatively.
- Be a self - starter who shows initiative and ability to work independently.
- Be motivated and driven to work in a highly pressurised fast paced environment.
- Be highly flexible, working long, irregular hours and weekends.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
Posted on 08 Apr 14:54
Apply by firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Independent Media is one of South Africa's leading print media production companies. Our stable of fine, quality publications include 18 of the country's most prominent newspapers with The Star in Johannesburg,Cape Times and Cape Argus in Cape Town and The Mercury in Durban firmly entrenched in millions of households throughout South Africans.