|Get jobs on your |
Job descriptionWe're a national news agency looking for an accomplished journalist to work on a leading trend of breaking news stories. This role offers fantastic variety and the opportunity for rapid and meaningful sense for the right candidate to make a difference.
The position involves:
- Writing high-quality, insightful and thoroughly-researched news and reports
- Recording news, sport and business news
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Attend press conferences from time to time
- Being proactive and generating off-diary stories
- Working closely with management and teams overseas to build online traffic, develop existing and breaking stories
For an introduction to our company, please take the time to view our website on www.newskoop.com before responding to this position.
Once you have done that, simply email your CV to ]]firstname.lastname@example.org]]. Closing date 13 February 2019.
Please do not contact Newskoop telephonically, you will be provided with feedback within 14 days of the closing date of the position.
RequirementsThe ideal candidate must have the following:
- Constant access to broadband or data
- Proficiency in both the English and Afrikaans language would be an advantage
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent journalist contacts and relationship building skills
- An understanding of how media fits into strategic, integrated, communications plans
- An understanding of digital media and how social media is affecting the news environment
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- The ability to work well as part of a dynamic team and to forge and maintain good working relationships and networks internally and externally
- The ability to manage themselves and their time
Posted on 14 Jan 12:22
Get job alerts for Journalist jobs
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731