|Get jobs on your |
- Identify and assign news stories to be written and uploaded onto the EWN website
- Edit news items to ensure they are grammatically and factually correct and conform to in-house style before publishing onto the website.
- Ensure that every story is properly fleshed out, has a proper flow and is intriguing to read.
- Create compelling headlines
- Monitor news wire service to ensure the website has the latest international, entertainment and sports news.
- Monitor picture services to ensure each story has appropriate images
- Liaise with radio news anchors, producers and presenters about content on the website, and the promotion thereof on air.
- Lead the process to identify and send out breaking app alerts
- Any other tasks assigned by the editor or anyone else appointed by the company.
- Degree in journalism/media/communication or relevant qualification
- Valid driver’s licence
- Minimum of five years of experience as a sub-editor
- Experience of subbing on an online platform preferred
- Excellent grasp of English (both written and spoken)
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to lead, train and give instructions to writing team
- Strong news and current affairs knowledge
- The ability to produce a well-rounded and full story (pictures, headline, relevant multimedia attached.)
- Ability to edit written copy clearly, quickly and accurately
- Understanding the central journalistic principles (objectivity, balance, right of reply, etc.)
- Attention to detail and facts is a must
- A keen understanding of social networking platforms
- Ability to learn quickly
Posted on 11 Jan 09:16
Get job alerts for Sub-editor jobs
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731