Associate Medical Writer
|Remote work:||Only remote work|
Associate medical writer
Principal purpose of the role
Gain proficiency and experience in the development of high-quality medical communication editorial outputs aimed at the pharmaceutical industry through appropriate account work, the use of trial projects, and the online training programme.
· Undertake regular training as set out in the induction procedure.· Using trial projects, demonstrate an ability to write editorial outputs that meet the aims of the initial brief, and show an understanding of company procedures.
· Proactively follow up with line manager and/or mentor to highlight any knowledge gaps that require additional training.
· Objectively evaluate scientific literature and data.
· Develop the ability to produce a range of written communications items in accordance with the needs of the client, target audience, target publication medium and level of design/creativity.
· Produce clear, accurate, grammatically correct and creative written work that is appropriate to the project brief and conforms to Good Publication Practice.
· Learn to evaluate the following and follow up with the project lead where inadequacies are identified: data package, updates to medical literature, own work and effective and efficient management of project resources (project box, scheduling, background information, databases, document tracking, and division of work within project team
· Input into account team and functional team meetings as appropriate.
· Learn to effectively brief other members of account teams as appropriate.· Work with and support other Medical Writers to ensure strong teamwork and consistency across the company.
· In coordination with the relevant Scientific Team Leader, liaise effectively with the client and opinion leaders, acting as a point of contact on specific projects (according to the requirements of the account).
· Develop an awareness of time spent on projects and provide timely notification to Account Managers of any changes to specification and potential additional time requirements.
· Efficiently manage competing projects.
· Alert colleagues to any potential problems in a timely manner.
· Communicate effectively with colleagues and company contacts.
· Work within agreed deadlines and budgets.
· Follow company style guidelines and procedures.
· Anything else reasonably required.
# A Degree in Biochemistry , Chemistry, Medical, Pharmacology
Posted on 03 Nov 14:56, Closing date 2 Jan