|Get jobs on your |
Purchasing/Inventory Control Manager
|Location:||Northern Suburbs, Durbanville|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Tygerberg Animal Hospital|
Job descriptionThere is a special bond that exists between people and animals and at TAH we recognise the key role we play in enabling that bond to be its best. Our role is to help pet owners care for their pets in ways that lead to long, healthy, happy lives. Through our work we should positively touch the lives of pets and pet owners alike. We want to be the best in everything we do and our vision guides us.
TAH should be the most trusted veterinary brand, so that animal owners choose TAH to help them give their pets the best life they can.
What we need
What will they be doing (main purpose of the job) for/with whom in what environment?
This is a new role that will manage key parts of the sourcing, purchasing and inventory control processes. The primary aim of the role is to leverage efficiencies in procurement and to control inventory according to guidelines using efficient processes and correct protocols.
This role leads a team of three who hold various stock-related responsibilities and will also collaborate closely with the Head of Marketing and Retail in the coordination of the retail stock.
Stock and purchasing are developing functions at TAH and so there is an opportunity to provide further input into defining effective purchasing and stock processes. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in an environment where the function is ‘under construction’ and some processes are manual.
Overtime/travel/ weekend work/team environment
TAH has a network of 11 veterinary branches and six vet shops that sell pet food and merchandise to clients. The Purchasing & Inventory Control Manager will be largely office based at the main Support Office in Durbanville, but visits to suppliers and branches will be necessary.
The working hours during the week are normal office hours; however extended work hours will be necessary from time to time especially during stock counts.
What is expected from this job?
Job deliverables and main duties
- Identify and screen potential suppliers
- Develop and manage good relationships with suppliers
- Negotiate favourable terms and contracts with selected suppliers (veterinary raw materials & consumables)
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure contractual obligations are met
- Organise and monitor inventory levels to maximize efficiency while ensuring that proper stock protocols are observed
- Manage flow of supplies for optimum veterinary and branch processes and inventory levels
- Accountable for all stock takes through careful planning and execution
- Provide accurate reporting on stock KPI’s to ensure critical areas of the stock system are managed; analyse data and recommend actions to ensure stock integrity
- Stay alert to new trends and propose and implement process improvements to drive efficiencies and implement new technologies as appropriate
- Train staff on stock processes where necessary
RequirementsTo be a good fit for this job you need
Required education, certifications and work experience:
- Must have:
- Diploma or Degree in the field of Business Management or Supply Chain Management
- Five years’ experience of purchasing and inventory control processes
- If you can tick these you will have an advantage:
- Computer literate
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Highly analytical
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy skills and able to analyse data
- Commercially minded
- Interested in continuous improvement and efficiency of processes based on interpretation of data
- Effective planning and time management skills
- Results orientated and deadline driven
- Uses initiative to solve problems
- Able to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with across internal teams
- Able to lead and motivate a team
- Working knowledge of –
- Demand, supply and inventory management fundamentals
- Process development and continuous improvement
- Contract negotiation
- Inventory control and stock takes
TAH reserves the right to make no appointment for this position should no suitable candidate be identified.
Posted on 04 Jun 15:02
- Web Content Manager -- Local Government Communications, Cape Town, Ayanda Mbanga - Redefining Success
- Application Development Manager - Transversal Applications Development, Cape Town, Ayanda Mbanga - Redefining Success
- Sales Support Manager, Cape Town, City Bowl, Trusted Interns
- Sales Manager, Pinelands, Persuade
- Account Executive/Junior Account Manager, Cape Town, Woodstock, Ogilvy Cape Town
- Marketing Manager, Work from home and travel often to Oudtshoorn
- General Manager, Oudtshoorn
- Digital Account Manager, Cape Town, Westlake
- Store Manager, Muizenburg, Rage
- Associate Digital Campaign/Project Manager, Cape Town, Hout Bay, Recruit Digital
- Midweight Social Account Manager, Cape Town, Muizenberg
- Customer Insights Manager, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Senior Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Ad Talent
- Destination Manager South/East Africa, Cape Town
- Account Manager, Cape Town
- Financial Manager, Cape Town, Ayanda Mbanga - Redefining Success
- Social Media Manager, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Ad Talent
- Marketing Manager - Employer, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Marketing Manager - Direct, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Social Media Community Manager - Outdoors Gearhead, Cape Town, City Bowl
- Account Manager, Cape Town
- Brand Manager - Contract Position, Cape Town, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Loyalty Manager, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Hotel Manager, Camps Bay, Career Custodians
- Loyalty Manager - Marketing, Cape Town, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Digital Production Manager, Cape Town, Tygervalley, Bellville
- Loyalty Manager, Cape Town, CBD, Ad Talent
- Area Manager, Cape Town, Epping Industria 2
- UX Manager, Cape Town, Recruit Digital