|Get jobs on your |
Head of Medical Services/HO Hospital Administration
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Type:||Two to thr|
Job descriptionThe successful incumbent must be a qualified doctor from a general practitioner background who does not want to practice medicine any longer but will be responsible for the overall running of the Medical Services Administration Department.
This position will be a two to three-year renewable contract.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Act as custodian for clinical protocols at unit level and ensure high standards of patient care.
- Monitor the protocol/compliance for all medical services in the unit.
- Facilitate clinical audit.
- Prepare daily business reports for the hospital and communicate it to the management.
- Coordinate with the HO Quality on relevant issues to deliver on service-quality.
- Coordinate projects related to the functionalities required on the project side.
- Set up and ensure the regular functioning of the following clinical committees in consultation with the COO, Hospital Infection Control committee, OT committee, Pharmacy therapeutic council, Quality management services.
- Monitor diagnostic facilities to ensure service quality levels.
- Ensure proper upkeep and confidentiality of medical records and patient documentation.
- Monitor Infection Control Department to ensure efficient functioning
- Monitor and guide functioning of Dietetics Department to ensure service quality
- Monitor and guide functioning of Wards, ICUs and OT to ensure service quality
- Work closely with the Nursing Superintendent and take all necessary steps to ensure high standards of patient care.
- Ensure that proper procedures are in place for the efficient admission, care and discharge of patients.
- Coordinate the entire operations of the CSSD for the smooth functioning of the supplies to and from to various areas of the hospital.
- Ensure waste management is as per government norms
- Coordinate with the emergency team for all medico-legal cases received at the hospital.
- Plan and control overall administration budget compliance
- Budget and plan capital items/equipment, manpower requirement
- Inventory management (on medical side) optimal utilisation of equipment, material and manpower
- Shortlist, train, schedule and motivate all manpower (including contracted) for all clinical departments (that come under incumbent's direct purview) and get maximum output with respect to time and service standards.
- Manage inter-departmental communication; resolve disputes and/or operational working issues.
- Assess and ensure performance level of staff people-assessment, efficiency etc.
- Identify needs and ensure continuing professional education of self and staff
- Promote continuing professional education of medical, nursing and paramedical staff
Decisions taken by the incumbent:
- Rostering for impanelled consultants
- Change operational work-flows (optimum utilisation of manpower, materials and equipment)
- Involved in policy level discussions related to the technical competence present or required
- Participate in technical assessment of candidates in the hiring process
- Measures for retention of staff
- Remedial course of action/service recovery
- Final recommending authority on technical specifications/reconciliation for procurement of materials
- Recruitment of impanelled consultants - discuss business ratio and prepare proposal and seek approval from COO
- Emergency team-medico-legal case
- Finance department
- Nursing superintendent
- Marketing team organising medical camps/CMEs within the hospital as well as outside in the community
- Agencies organising medical camps and CMEs.
- Prospective employees
- Facilitate clinical audit
- Number of procedures/revenue responsibility, cost budget responsibility; revenue/cost by specialty
- Impanelled consultants and all full time doctors (other than the Ortho and Neuro-Directors)
- Heads of following departments: Paramedical staff, CSSD, Waste Management, Wards, ICUS and OT, Infection Control, Dietetics, Diagnostic Services (pathology, radiology)
- All medical equipment (used in wards, ICUs, OTs, pathology/diagnostics), medical consumables, internal databases and software, etc.
- Compliance with clinical protocols and budgetary requirements
- Service levels -overall quality of care as defined by patient feedback and legal cases for medical negligence.
- Manage and develop medical/paramedical staff
- Essential: Candidate must be an MBBS; MBChB
- Preferable: MBA
- Minimum experience of five years and maximum experience of 10 years out of which at least three years of experience in a similar role within a reputable private hospital.
Posted on 08 Jan 14:07
+27 11 463 3478