|Remuneration:||R25000 - R40000 per month cost-to-company |
|Location:||Randburg, Randpark Ridge|
|Remote work:||Some remote work allowed|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Io Media (Pty) Ltd|
Job Description - Senior Graphic Designer
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Job Level: Mid / Snr
Department: Digital & Print Marketing
Report To: Tanja Schmitz (Creative Director)Essential: Application without accompanying portfolio will not be accepted
Remuneration: Based on experience and strength of portfolio: 25,000 - 45,000 p/m
Location: Johannesburg, Randpark Ridge
Education Level: Diploma / Degree
Experience: Proven graphic design experience of at least 5+ years.Purpose of the job:
To work in a mid/senior capacity within Io Media’s creative team. You would be part of an iterative design process, whereby we create engaging media campaigns, across print and online touchpoints.
In this role, you would work closely with the online and social media teams to execute our clients marketing plans. You would also be exposed to several well known brands within the health and wellness sector. Your work will be on display in a leading South African retail space.
Our Creative Director (Tanja Schmitz) would contribute to teaching and supervising the new team member in order to ensure best practice and general company workflow process is adhered to.Duties and responsibilities:
Using their experience in graphics design will be tasked with creating design assets and artwork to support marketing efforts across print and online touchpoints.
Qualifications and experience:
- Working as the lead creative, in conjunction with the creative director to publish a quarterly magazine title. Includes liaising with printers on final production. A digital-ready version of print magazine will also need to be produced and uploaded on online platforms.
- Working in collaboration with the social media team to design creative assets that support and strengthen their monthly content calendar.
- Designing the artwork, layout and art direction of product-specific eBooks as well as workout guides under the supervision of the creative director.
- Designing creative assets for campaign-specific promotions and advertising for client websites as well as various paid marketing channels.
- Designing monthly newsletter templates to be populated with content provided by copywriters. Includes schedule and send to relevant email databases.
- Proven graphic design experience of at least 5+ years.
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics.
- A self-starter who can work through ambiguity and collaboratively move priorities forward with minimal oversight.
- Proficiency using the Adobe Design Suite and technologies (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Proficiency in photo retouching and deep etching.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and detail.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbally and in written word).
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- Degree / Diploma in Design, Fine Arts or related fields is a plus.
- Mac literate
- Expertise working in WordPress CMS.
- Proficient in creating 2D/3D animation, and working knowledge of Adobe After Effects / Premiere.
Posted on 17 May 09:23, Closing date 15 Jul