Junior-Mid WordPress Developer
|Location:||Johannesburg, Craighall Park|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
We are looking for a Junior -Mid WordPress developer
to join the development team of a fast-growing, hugely ambitious agency headquartered here in Craighall, Johannesburg.
Vetro is a growth agency working primarily in digital, with plans and ambitions that see us expanding our presence globally.
For all of our work, the end goal is always to create positive ROI for our clients. We help them grow.
We partner with our clients. We don’t just provide services, which is why it’s important the clients are the right fit for us, and us for them. We get involved from beginning to end so for us it’s important to bring on the right clients that fit our business, the way we work and that we feel we can offer them real value.
Our clients (new and old) all fit the following mould:
- Clients we love working with (and have a good relationship with)
- Brands, services and products we believe in
- Clients we feel we can really add value to
We believe that when we’re a good fit for our clients and likewise them for us, it makes for a better alignment and better output of work and ultimately the results. We work as both a retained agency and also as a campaign agency.The role
We are looking for a talented WordPress website developer with an eye for design, a high problem solving skillset and the technical skills to match. You must have at least 6 months experience in WordPress website development and are able to create responsive WordPress themes from scratch. You will be responsible for the build of new and existing WordPress sites across the dev team, including monthly maintenance plans and clients briefs. This role requires a high level of attention to detail and pixel-perfect precision.Responsibilities
Please include a portfolio (with links) of previous WordPress sites required, a minimum of 3 websites as a reference and a lighthouse report for your top 3 developed websites. Applications that do not contain links to 3 websites and have 3 lighthouse reports will not be considered.
- Design of website collateral, including mock up’s, web layouts and wireframes, and implementation after sign off
- New build and changes to existing WordPress websites, including management of version control
- Problem-solving any issues that arise from new and existing builds of websites
- Monthly maintenance of WordPress sites.
- Installation of plug-in’s and Google tracking codes.
- Interpreting briefs and client requirements.
- Comfortable building and maintaining WordPress websites
- Must be able to install Google tracking codes into websites
- Existing knowledge on how to optimise a WordPress website for Search Engines
- Solid working knowledge of SEO optimisation
- Working knowledge of technical SEO use
- Ability to design web layouts and wireframes
- Well-versed in front-end WordPress theme customization
- Using plugins to extend a site's functionality
- Understand database management and migration
- Familiar with responsive design principles and implementation of responsive best practices for building mobile-friendly websites
- Have a good understanding of UI/UX design
- Carry out final functional tests to ensure quality is maintained
- Ability to research emerging technologies and identify new techniques
We are a ground-breaking digital company re-imagining what the world believes to be mobile & digital marketing. Our team is comprised of a bunch of overachieving perfectionists who will stop at nothing to deliver only the best and nothing less.
Posted on 05 Apr 09:56, Closing date 4 Jun