|Remuneration:||R20000 - R30000 per month negotiable basic salary |
|Remote work:||Only remote work|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||DUO Marketing + Communications|
Job descriptionAbout DUO Marketing + Communications
DUO is a full-service, award winning PR and digital marketing agency for B2B technology companies in Africa. The team at DUO has an unstoppable desire to learn and grow, with an unrelenting focus on quality. Despite the past year, DUO has experienced promising growth and is looking for a talented graphic designer with strong visual design skills who can lead us in our design projects and bring their designs to life across all PR, marketing and digital platforms.
The ideal candidate is a result-driven individual and team player looking to grow their design and digital marketing skill set through commitment and high-quality work. The candidate must have good communication skills and be able to collaborate and coordinate with the account managers while managing a design project from conceptualization to completion.Candidate requirements:
Principal job responsibilities:
- Visual design, digital and technology must be in your blood.
- You must be able to self-manage; we don't micromanage here but you need to deliver tangible results
- Quality of output must be at your core. Seriously… quality rules at DUO and so all A-types welcome
- If you join our team, you will be given total control over your career and your success; don’t expect anyone else to manage this for you. You will need to have lots of energy, be personally-driven, results-focused, resourceful, able to deal with issues directly and willing to accept full responsibility
- Team is at the core of everything we do, so you must be someone who will never abandon a teammate and who is comfortable letting others win/ shine
- You have to be in it for the long-haul. There will be bumps in the road and success depends on your ability to adapt, be flexible, change gear when needed and be reliable
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Benefits (all only after probation)
- Hands-on experience with conceptualizing design projects, coordinating with teams and working on its execution
- Confidently work with and collaborate with team members to design and pitch concepts for visual assets that achieve marketing standards
- Follow and drive best practice processes internally
- Shows a good understanding of digital marketing best practices
- Communicate effectively through DUO’s online forums and briefs in managing deadlines
- Oversee conceptualization of design projects and offer new, fresh ideas for campaigns and marketing deliverables
- Conceptualise original and unique designs and illustrations
- Follow brand guidelines for each client and choose the right images, typography, graphics and layouts for the project
- Suitable design aesthetic that is in line with brand guidelines and the latest design trends
- Stay up to date with the changing trends in the field and best practices
How to apply
- Prioritising work-life balance. No weekend work or after hours work encouraged
- Payment of market-related salaries and annual increases
- Annual performance bonuses driven by the achievement of Key Performance Indicators – given that the company makes its targets too. We have a 12-year track record of paying annual bonuses for staff that meet KPI’s
- Annual performance and career discussions
- Personal career development plans. Focus on individual career development
- Training – monthly at various levels including leadership training for those selected
- Knowledge sharing sessions monthly presented by internal or external resources
- Access to industry and PR related events (budget allocated per individual)
- Bonus leave over the Christmas and New Year period bringing total leave to 20 days per annum
- Bonus leave on birthdays
- Ad hoc and ex gratia reward and recognition thank you like flowers and/or vouchers and duvet days
- Flexible work hours policy. T&Cs apply. This is a remote working position
- Tribe incentive policy which is customised to each individual’s motivators and reward requirements
- An incredible client base who truly value our service offering. We don’t tolerate abusive client (or staff) relationships and you are protected from this at DUO at all times
- Respect and integrity are critical to our ecosystem.
Please send your CV to together with
the items listed below
All the files are to be sent to DUO’s CEO Judith Middleton
(1) Answer the below questions, recorded on video
(2) Design Portfolio
(3) Latest salary slip
(4) Two referencesPlease note, applications which do not include all requirements will be disqualified.
Questions for video:
- What B2B Tech specific Design and Digital experience do you have? Please mention clients and the role you played on the account.
- Can you talk us through your portfolio and how your work impacted your clients?
- Why DUO and not any other PR and digital marketing agency for your next career move?
- What do you see yourself achieving at the agency in the next 5 years?
- What could we count on you to bring in terms of value?
- What are your design / digital trump cards?
- What appeals to you most about working at DUO and how do you know you will match and enhance our culture and values?
- What does excellence look like to you on a daily basis?
- When is an ideal start date for you and why?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Matric - essential
- Bachelor's degree in visual communication, graphic design or any other design related field - essential
- Expert with design software and editing tools such as knowledge in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign - essential
- Experience with 2D animation and Video editing - essential
- A good portfolio of past design and creative projects - essential
- Excellent communication, time management, and multitasking skills - essential
- Good command over design techniques and visual elements - essential
- Good aesthetic sense, creative thinking with attention to detail - essential
- Digital marketing experience - advantageous
- Copywriting experience - advantageous
DUO is a multi award winning PR and Digital Marketing Agency servicing enterprise tech clients across Africa
Posted on 01 Dec 09:36, Closing date 29 Jan