Junior Graphic Designer
|Own transport required:||Yes|
If you’re interested in altering the status quo, growing businesses, and impacting the world, then we have a space for you. We are an advisory firm with a keen interest in design. We help leaders grow their businesses by informing choices, catalysing strategy and accelerating growth. We are looking for a dynamic and creative junior graphic designer to join our team; someone who is efficient and methodical, obsessive about accuracy and gets a kick out of knowing their design helps businesses across the country communicate their message clearly. Our potential candidate would preferably be Johannesburg based.
What your role looks like:
Working on multiple projects simultaneously and jumping between projects and tasks is the nature of how we work, and you will need to take this in your stride while you support the wider team with communicating critically important, and often complex, information in a succinct, visually appealing way. This would include assisting in PowerPoint presentations, infographics, illustrations and animations*. Your role would also be assisting the Design and Marketing team, learning from them, and collaborating with them on other projects as needed. The position requires knowledge of graphic design, design styles and layout techniques.
- Executing high quality design work (print & digital)
- Interpreting a brief and executing it from start to finish
- Assisting with presentation templates
- Assisting with content creation for various web and social media platforms for the brands within our company.
- Adhering to brand guidelines while still displaying creativity and innovation
- Design and supply accurate and high-quality artwork in correct useable format
- 1-2 years creative graphic design experience
- Excellent communication skills: written, presentation and verbal
- Relevant qualification (tertiary qualification at a design school is preferable)
- Mac & Windows proficient
- Must be good with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with PowerPoint presentations would be beneficial
- Proficient in Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier Pro*, After Effects*
- Video Editing*
- A natural sense of aesthetics and a strong passion for design
- An openness to feedback from colleagues and high levels of self-motivation
- Calm under pressure
- Good work ethic: strong sense of accountability and responsibility
- An ability to work around tight deadlines
- Flair for strategic thinking and innovation
- Confident and decisive
- Must be able to work as a part of a team and independently
- Independent thinker and problem solver
- Creative thinker with a curious mind – willing to learn
Candidates will be assessed based on their portfolios, passion for design, relevant skillset, conceptual and technical skill and fit with the team. If you feel you meet the above requirements, please fill out the form on our website. There will be a space for you to upload your CV and provide your portfolio on the form. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Posted on 11 Aug 10:58