- Why HR is at risk from cybertattacks
- Celebrate youthful diversity this June on Biz
- Business rescue process: Don't disregard the rights of employees
Senior Brand Designer
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Location:||Port Elizabeth, South End|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionWe are on the search for an experienced Senior Brand Designer. The candidate needs to be highly skilled in Brand Design and campaign development. Someone who has a thorough understanding of how to create visual identities and bring brands to life. Pays careful attention in crafting well thought out design and typography.
- Creating innovative brand identity solutions as well as brand design within campaign development.
- Proactively recommend creative solutions to brand challenges.
- Keeping informed on the latest trends and forecasts in the branding environment.
- Design of marketing communication pieces e.g. overall theme development, individual brand projects etc.
- Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, and visually engaging.
- Be able to communicate and facilitate the art direction and formatting of design deliverables and produce necessary communications pieces in both print and digital environments for a wide range of clients.
- Assist to ensure all marketing communications across various channels and departments remain consistent and align with strategic marketing goals and brand guidelines.
- Collaborate internally and/or with the Project Lead as well as with clients to conceptualise and execute creative solutions for their brands.
- Guide and advise fellow employees in both the creative process and client management to foster stronger working relationships and solutions (junior designer, interns, etc.)
- Assist in supervising junior team, interns, overseeing and coaching on the creative process.
- Assist in the planning and creative process of pitch processes
- Pre and post-production quality checks
- Submit creative deliverables within the agreed-upon deadline and budget
Company DescriptionOur cultural roots and deep, on-the-ground market immersion ensures we deliver relevant creative solutions, understanding the people who makeup South Africa’s main market and connecting your brand with their hearts and buying behaviours.
Our strength lies in positioning global brands into Africa, as well as taking South African brands to the broader African market. We do this by creating a standout brand presence through a deep on-the-ground cultural connection to the right market and its local catalysts.
At Boomtown, we see the power of people. Our people are the most valuable part of our business. They are insightful, world-class, creative, multidisciplinary, authentic, and professional. We see all that they can be and endeavor to provide the best environment for them to thrive in.
See yourself fitting in?
Get in touch.
- Relevant Degree/Equivalent and a minimum of five (5) years of brand design experience, design firm or advertising agency
- Possess strong conceptual skills,
- Accurate, efficient problem definition
- Ability to present concepts and designs to stakeholders in a clear, concise manner and manage project feedback and flow
- High-level sense of design, layout, and typography with the ability to offer a variety of design solutions.
- Strong creative, organisational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Must be able to apply style guides creatively while upholding brand identity for multiple clients
- Profficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to be permanently based in Port Elizabeth
Posted on 08 Apr 14:34
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Graphic Designer, Designer, Digital Designer, DTP Operator, Design Intern, Print Operator, Graphic Designer/Art Director, Illustrator, UX/UI Designer
We are an independent strategic brand agency that specialises in creative brand design, integrated communications, and digital marketing. We believe that everyone can look, but not everyone can see. It's why we use on-the-ground market immersion and create culturally relevant, creative solutions to connect brands with hearts.