- Why do we procrastinate?
- Fired for coming to work with Covid - dismissal deemed fair by court
- Legalities of dismissing striking employees, despite compliance with ultimatum
Midweight Graphic Designer
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionWho We Are:
We’re Fusion, Sun International’s creative internal agency. We're the creative team behind the gaming, hospitality and entertainment giant working with all our exceptional properties across South Africa.
Come and be a part of the team that creates exciting content for the infamous Sun City, the prestigious Table Bay Hotel and entertainment destinations like Time Square and Grand West, to name a few. If you’ve never worked in gaming and hospitality, you can expect an exciting fast paced environment where standards and team spirit are sky-high, and where you’re encouraged to grow and develop.
We’re looking for more exceptional creatives to augment our already talented and diverse team with their innovative design and conceptual skills. So if you’re looking for a place to help shake-up the creative approach and forge more cutting edge design thinking, this may well be your new home!
What You’ll Do:
You’ll be asked to create beautifully crafted masterpieces, studded with attention to detail, from concept right through to digital animation. Your work will be featured across the Sun International properties, from hospitality, to gaming and entertainment; as well as on our social and digital platforms, ultimately contributing to the success of the business.
Who You Are:
- An Authentic Team Player - with a healthy balance of confidence and humility, you prioritise team goals over your own.
- Ethical - you uphold the ethics of the business above all else and share our commitment to upholding the business values.
- Accountable - a safe pair of hands.
- You Care - about the team, the work, and our clients.
- One of Us - you’re genuinely interested in the rest of the team and what makes us tick.
- Committed to Learning and Growing - always looking to innovate and improve your craft.
- An Accomplished Creative - obsessed with all things design with a portfolio that displays skill across a wide range of brands and channels.
- Agile - not afraid of change, you easily keep up with the fast pace of our business.
- Excellent Communicator – you can sell your ideas in person or on paper.
- Process Driven - you understand the value of process and follow ours to the letter.
- Attention to Detail – you get it right the first time.
- Takes Initiative - a clever problem solver, you arrive armed with well thought out solutions.
- Remote Expert - a solid track record of effective remote working.
- A Humble Human - you treat everyone with respect and dignity.
- Calm Under Pressure - keeping a cool head when the pressure is on.
- High Standards - maintaining a relentlessly high standard across all of your work.
- Meticulously organised – your ability to prioritise helps you juggle multiple projects effortlessly.
- Digital savvy - you probably have your own Instagram channel.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Graphic design or similar from a reputable institution.
- At least five years of design work in an agency environment on a variety of brands and channels.
- High quality examples of your conceptual thinking and design development #akickassportfolio
- Excellent working knowledge of our software packages:
- After Effects
- Adobe Suite
- Adobe XD
- MS Office for Mac
- Solid experience of working on projects and managing your time in a remote environment.
- Evidence of work developed in line with brand guidelines.
- A solid working understanding of social media platforms
- Your love for all things design and marketing!
- Not essential but advantageous:
- DTP skills and experience.
Does this sound like you?
Yes? Well, then we’re excited to receive your application.
Please ensure you include your CV as well as samples of your portfolio (PDF or URL) with your application (professional and personal projects).
Posted on 17 Mar 16:23
Apply by emailBelinda Brooks
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Designer, Graphic Designer, Digital Designer, DTP Operator, Design Intern, Graphic Designer/Art Director, Print Operator
Get job alerts for Graphic Designer jobs
We’re looking for a full-time senior graphic designer to join our Boston education group Marketing team in Johannesburg, working on the Boston Media House...
Boston Media House
4 May 2021
Pretoria, Wapadrand R15000 - R17000 Monthly neg
Brandxtreme is an established design and branding company.
3 May 2021
Pretoria, Centurion R7850 Monthly
Burg Design is a leading brand design agency that undertakes projects for global clients from its base in Centurion, South Africa.
3 May 2021
Johannesburg R8000 - R20000 Monthly
A multi-disciplined design studio is looking to add a Junior graphic designer to their team. Duties: Produce graphic work across both digital and...
Johannesburg, Olivedale R12000 - R18000 Monthly
Brandboom is a growing design company looking for a graphic designer with three+ years’ experience who is available immediately to join their team for a...
19 Apr 2021
Johannesburg, Bedfordview R15000 - R25000 Monthly
Now hiring a graphic/web designer to join our dynamic team. You need to have at least three years experience in graphic design and website development...
12 Apr 2021
We have a fantastic job opportunity for a mid-weight Motion Graphics Designer at a leading advertising agency in Johannesburg.
The incumbent is responsible to create creative designs while being systematic and rule-oriented in gathering, reviewing and evaluating data from a variety of...
7 Apr 2021
We look forward to receiving applications from super-talented graphic artists/designers with strong digital experience (three years) to join our creative agency.
7 Apr 2021
Johannesburg, Bryanston R20000 Monthly neg
We are currently looking for a mid graphic designer to join our agency based in Bryanston.
Khoi Kreative Pty Ltd
30 Mar 2021
Johannesburg, Bramley R18000 - R20000 Monthly neg
Are you a self motivated, creative and innovative designer with experience in print and Annual Report design and layout? Are you passionate about design and making the...
30 Mar 2021
Johannesburg, Kyalami R25000 - R35000 Monthly
Salary: R25,000 – R35,000 gross plus incentives Description The ideal candidate will be skilled in website and e-commerce build.
25 Mar 2021
Christian Art Gifts is looking for a creative individual to help us create beautiful scripture inspired designs.
We are looking for a video editor and motion graphic designer with mid-senior experience level.
Unity Broadcasting Network
19 Mar 2021
Well-established branding agency is seeking a dynamic and creative graphic designer who is ready to hit the ground running.
Active Brand Communications
16 Mar 2021
Johannesburg, Sandton R350000 - R360000 Yearly
Web Developer – Sandton – R360,000 per annum An International, diversified investment group with interests in mining, beneficiation, real estate...
Johannesburg R40000 - R50000 Monthly neg
Do you enjoy working in demanding fast-paced TTL Advertising Agency? Then this could be your opportunity to join this dynamic Strategic and Creative Agency.