- Making a hospital space feel psychologically safer helped South African health workers
- Evolution of workforce skills demand - what the future holds
- 5 key trends shaping the post-pandemic workplace
Senior Graphic Designer
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
We are looking for a highly talented conceptual Graphic Designer to join the team at a full-service ad agency in Port Elizabeth. The agency is agile, and solutions driven. The position is a mid-senior-level role that will involve a collaborative team approach with other designers, interns, creative group heads on a variety of projects and assignments. The ideal candidate is a proactive individual, with well-developed critical and conceptual thinking skills who is able to process, react to, and solve design problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to seek out new design solutions and be on the cutting edge of design thinking
- Assist in the planning and creative process of new client pitches
- Pre and post-production quality checks
- Submit creative deliverables within the agreed-upon deadline and budget
- Attend meetings as assigned
- Design of marketing communication collateral and accompanying elements
- Proactively recommend creative communications for marketing proposals
- Creating innovative design solutions, from brand identity development to art direction on campaigns and rollout
- Keeping informed on latest trends
- Be able to communicate and facilitate the art direction and formatting of design deliverables and produce necessary communication collateral in both print and digital environments for a variety of clients
- Collaborate internally as well as with clients to conceptualise and execute creative solutions that can be translated cross- platform
- Working closely with the creative director (or project lead) to find the best possible design solutions
- Assist in supervising interns, overseeing and coaching on the creative process.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 3-4 year degree in visual communications with 3 years+ design experience in an in-house creative studio, design or advertising agency
- Possess conceptual skills, design, layout and typography ability.
- Strong creative, organisational, problem-solving and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Big egos need not apply
- Highly knowledge in graphic and print reproduction process
- Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Must be able to apply style guides creatively while upholding brand identity for multiple clients
- Great knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- The role is for a the designer to be permanently based in Port Elizabeth.
Please submit a link to your relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 13 Jan 14:11
+27 21 422 1037
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Graphic Designer, Designer, Digital Designer, Design Intern, DTP Operator, Industrial Designer