- Are SA employers allowed to implement a compulsory Covid-19 vaccine policy? (Part 2)
- Community development in the mining industry requires buy in and training to be effective
- How to virtually create "watercooler moments" in 2021
Creative Design Lead
|Remuneration:||negotiable Market related|
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
|Company:||Oliver South Africa|
Job descriptionOliver South Africa is looking for a Creative Lead for a 12 month eCommerce project, based at the client site in the Northern suburbs of Durban.
You will be overseeing a team of Artworkers/designers and a copywriter, creating digital content for eCommerce platforms across a variety of brands and categories. You will work closely with the Project Director, Project Manager, and Client to enable your team to deliver the assets to exacting standards, specs, and timelines. The work scope includes creating and developing iconography, developing digital KV’s using supplied/sourced assets, retouching pack shots, etc. as well as basic resizing, redoing layout to work well in an eComms environment, updating existing assets, etc.
You will be responsible for signing off all work that leaves the team. You will be trained in terms of specifics/guides for this project and will be responsible for making sure your team is trained and follows the guides.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:-
- Oversee a team of Artworkers/designers and a copywriter to meet the client’s brief and exacting standards.
- Work with the PD/PM to effectively manage workloads of the team within agreed timescales.
- Direct and review the team’s work to ensure the highest quality.
- Monitor and signoff artwork quality, accuracy, and consistency.
- Train team on e-Comms specs once trained yourself.
- Develop an effective working relationship with colleagues and Client.
- Complete timesheets.
RequirementsSKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:-
- Diploma or related degree in Graphic Design
- 10 plus years of design experience.
- Ability to work in Adobe suite of products, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work within tight-deadlines and quick-turnarounds.
- FMCG experience is advantageous.
- Ability to guide and direct team members.
- Ability to adhere to brand guidelines.
- Experience in management of artwork collateral.
- Excellent teamwork and time management skills.
- Accurate and consistent completion of timesheets.
- Digital design (Social media assets, HTML emails, and banner design) experience is advantageous.
- Understanding of SEO is advantageous.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong Creative Direction skills.
- Strong Design Skills: Concept, Layout, iconography, KV development, retouching
- Work and Time Management: Planning and executing work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Team Skills: Ability to work well in a team. No silo-ed approach.
Posted on 30 Nov 10:42
Apply by emailAda Matsose
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Designer, Graphic Designer, Digital Designer, DTP Operator, Multimedia Designer, Design Intern, Industrial Designer
Get job alerts for Designer jobs
Umzansi Youth in Business is looking for a creative, talented and vibrant graphic designer.
Based in Pietermaritzburg, this role will report to the production manager.
Durban R20000 - R25000 Monthly
Company A branding and communications agency is looking for a senior graphic designer with fashion/retail experience.
Senior Designer Oliver South Africa is looking for a talented Senior Designer for a contract opportunity to be based in our offices in the Northern suburbs of...
Durban, Cornubia Industrial Estate
Creative individual with excellent design skills required to join a dynamic digital team. This customer focused individual will be responsible for: The creative...
Graphic Design position within the Digital Space. The suitable candidate MUST have gained experience working on digital projects and have HTML and UIX...