- Why building your personal brand can help you stand out in the job market
- Virtual interview tips
- Most employers are doing prepaid purchases the hard way - Are you one?
Junior Graphic Designer
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
We have an amazing job opportunity for a talented, super creative junior Graphic Designer with great taste to join the Marketing team at a renowned décor and furniture retailer’s Cape Town HQ. This role involves working with Visual Merchandisers and the Marketing Manager and understanding the merchandising departments’ needs before making design decisions. The position will see you working on a huge variety of products and activities such as designing/layout of signage, in-store concepts, visual store directors, labels & product packaging, guidelines/instructions for stores, installations, exhibitions and displays. You will also work on designing elements for online, signage, print, OOH, partners, spaces, and may be required to assist on other ad hoc elements. The successful candidate will work with the Senior Stylist to ensure that concepts are carried through correctly and remain consistent across all channels. We’re looking for a candidate who demonstrates a passion for interior décor & design. Someone creative and passionate about the brand, and eager to use their skills to maximise the brand look and sales potential.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas for installations, in-store signage, logo design, menu design, brochures, EDM layout design and highlighted installations, which are in line with each season’s concepts. Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time
- Taking direction from the Senior Stylist on design treatments for signage, Print, OOH, Partners, and other ad hoc elements
- Taking briefs from the buying team to design product packaging as and when required.
- Working closely with the Visual Merchandising team to ensure the best creative solutions are being produced for the channel
- Providing visual communication to store visual merchandisers on in-store executions and concepts
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to management and the team
- Working on layouts and preparing work for repro.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A 3-4 year degree/diploma in Visual Communication/Graphic Design is pre-requisite as well as excellent technical knowledge of Adobe Suite design software
- A minimum 3-4+ years’ graphic design experience
- Below the line and branding experience
- Home and décor brand experience will be a plus, but not limited to it
- Creative flair, originality, and strong visual sense as well as a keen interest in keeping up to date with new developments in the design/retail industry is essential
- Able to demonstrate positive hands on, can-do attitude
- Able to work independently, yet be a team player
- Positive, energetic, a self-starter and have excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Able to work well under pressure, meet tight deadlines and produce a high quality of work is a pre-requisite.
On application please submit CV as well as a link to your portfolio.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 19 Nov 12:42
+27 21 422 1037
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Get job alerts for Graphic Designer jobs
Cape Town, Woodstock
Life & Brand Portfolio is looking for a mid-level graphic designer.
Cape Town, Gardens R20000 Monthly
Job description We’re looking for a detail-orientated graphic designer to join our production team, and to be dedicated to one of our technical content clients.
Cape Town R18000 - R20000 Monthly
Join a well-known full-service marketing agency as a mid-weight graphic designer for a fixed term 12-month contract. Requirements: Industry-related diploma or...
Our awesome small Stellenbosch studio is looking for a versatile young graphic designer.
Cape Town R10000 - R13000 Monthly
A boutique marketing and design consultancy with longstanding clients is looking for a talented, fun loving, hardworking designer/art director.
Cape Town, Observatory
We’re Hiring. Graphic Designer. Permanent or Freelancer Are you able to strike a balance between Art and Purpose? If so, then you belong on Team VF! VF!...
Cape Town, Sea Point
A hospitality company based in Cape Town requires a mid-to-senior graphic designer with a high level of expertise to deliver intelligent, leading edge, fit for purpose...
Cape Town, Durbanville R10000 - R20000 Monthly
Based in Durbanville, Creative Pulse is a small but high-volume advertising and events agency.
Cape Town, Bellville
ADLAB’s looking for a highly-talented mid-level to senior graphic designer to join our team for a twelve-month fixed-term contract from January 2021 –...
Cape Town, Somerset West
Want to collaborate on exciting projects? Rocketfuel is looking for brilliant graphic designers to work on a project to project basis. We are preferably...
Job title: Web developer - Marketing epartment (Specifically working with Elementor Pro, WooCommerce and WordPress) Start date: As soon as...
Cape Town R540000 - R550000 Yearly
Here's a cool shop, based near Cape Town's renowned Waterfront looking for the animal lover at heart! You will be part of a team-building and maintaining a custom...
Cape Town, Somerset West
We are looking for a developer responsible for building applications, including anything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts.
Job title: Senior web developer/team lead Location: Second Floor, 2 Francis Street, Zonnebloem, and your lounge Reporting line: Technical lead/senior management Are...