- NSG launches compulsory online course on Ethics in the Public Service
- No work, no pay: the Covid-19 salary crisis
- Clicks non-executive director Nonkululeko Gobodo resigns
Social Media Designer
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Location:||Cape Town, Durbanville|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We are looking for a junior to mid-weight Social Media Designer for a renowned property company’s Northern Suburbs office. This fantastic opportunity will see you joining their Boland and Overberg Marketing team. We are looking for an energetic and dynamic Social Media Designer to be responsible for designing and posting original content on online platforms. The responsibilities of a Social Media Designer include posting content on Social Media, designing graphic material, and attracting consumers via Social Media. To be successful in this position, you should be highly motivated, creative, and possess solid knowledge of Marketing competencies. The successful candidate must be fluent in Adobe Suite and have great Graphic Design skills as well as Marketing skills. The role objective is to increase traffic and appeal to target audiences by creating pages, posts and applications.
This role is currently remote but will, in time, move back to on-site work.
- Producing content to be posted online
- Increasing traffic and appealing to target audiences
- Creating posts, pages, and applications to attract customers
- Using programming skills to build pages and applications
- Measuring key performance indicators
- Duties may also involve posting content on Social Media sites and developing material that will be found and displayed prominently by search engines. While many tasks are Mac-based, there may also be a requirement of producing content that's intended to be used on smart phones or other devices.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree/Diploma in Visual Communications or Multimedia
- Social Media as well as Digital Design experience
- Able to adapt CI artwork as well as off-line design (printed elements, brochures etc.)
- A thorough understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Experience in Premier Pro - an advantage
- Video editing skills/experience or interest will be a plus, especially an understanding of Premier Pro video editing and the ability to work graphic concepts into video editing
- Highly organised
- Able to work with little direction
- Good communication skills
- Graphic Design skills
- Exposure to Marketing disciplines
- Able to produce original ideas
- Comfortable working remotely - but the role will be based in Durbanville (Northern Suburbs or even Somerset West). Some travel will be required for the role.
Please submit a relevant portfolio showcasing Social Media Design along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within 7 days, please consider your application for this specific role, unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 15 Sep 15:05
+27 21 422 1037
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
- Introducing the new look of VGP Recruitment06 Feb 11:44
- It pays to look into C to C08 Dec 11:59
- The value of working with a recruitment agency26 Sep 13:44
- Getting your career mapped out30 Jul 16:22
- Viv Gordon Placements celebrate 21 years of expertise10 Jun 15:26
Get job alerts for Social Media jobs
Description A prestigious Business Centre in the V&A Waterfront requires the services of a dynamic office manager with experience in graphic design and social...
Cape Town, Sea Point R10000 - R18000 Monthly neg
Job description: Conceptualise, produce and manage social media communication and online reputation management for the company’s own brands and online stores.
Cape Town, Foreshore, CBD
Overview of the job description The paid media manager (social and display) will be spending our client's digital budgets wisely within the real-time bidding (RTB)...
Somerset West, Somerset West R10000 - R15000 Monthly neg
Good day InteractiveMedia is a cool, innovative software and digital marketing agency based in Somerset West, providing bespoke solutions to some amazing national...
Cape Town, Milnerton
(Please include the words “I want to work for Ruby Digital because ...” in your cover letter, with specific reasons why you want to work for us.
Cape Town R24000 - R32000 Monthly
Wonderful new role in with a sports company based in Cape Town where they are recruiting for a Social Media Specialist to join their growing marketing...
Able to work remotely.Regularly set up global and national ads on all Facebook platforms and Pinterest.Manage existing campaigns on all Facebook platforms.Manage...
Cape Town R540000 - R550000 Yearly
Here's a cool shop, based near Cape Town's renowned Waterfront looking for the animal lover at heart! You will be part of a team-building and maintaining a custom...
Cape Town R400000 - R500000 Yearly
Join a well-known consulting house based in the mother city! You will get exposure to various clients in the banking and investment industry, equipped with exciting...
Cape Town R600000 - R650000 Yearly
Join South Africa’s leading online delivery company.