|Get jobs on your |
Freelance Art Director/Senior Designer
Triple Eight is seeking a talented senior designer/art director to work with our team on a freelance basis. We are looking to find a candidate who combines conceptual and creative excellence with experience in design.
- To conceptualise and, using your visionary design skills, craft and produce award-winning creative work within the scope of the brand and creative brief supplied.
- Mock up design ideas across a number of elements.
- Work closely with the creative team and, as directed, by the creative brief.
- Manage deadlines and large workloads efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure effective communication and management of teams’ expectations.
- Work with the Creative Team to understand the clients’ brand and manage projects in a way that will support the delivery of the brand.
- Manage and take ownership of projects from origination to completion.
- Accurate recording of work time.
- The responsibility of this role vests in the attitude, behaviour, determination and accountability of the candidate to pursue all avenues in order to ensure that the end-product/design craft is of a high standard.
- By taking ownership and making use of all available resources, the end-product/design craft should showcase a keen attention to detail.
- A critical thinker with exceptionally fast conceptual skills.
- Thorough understanding of promotional activities and experiential marketing disciplines.
- Finely-honed graphic design skills and latest techniques.
- A portfolio that demonstrates these skills beyond a shadow of doubt.
- Capability to take on campaigns with multi-element tasks which require a concept and thought-through process.
- Fully literate in all relevant programs.
- A Photoshop genius – someone who can take visuals from average to exceptional!
- Qualifications: Degree or diploma in art direction (Or a degree in visual communication/design/fine art etc. that shows competent visual skills).
- Minimum three to five years' experience as an art director.
Essential Personal Attributes:
- Team player
- Hard-working, conscientious
- Creative thinker – cross boundaries to conceptualise
- Ability to work under pressure
- Goal-orientated achiever
- Pro-active thinker
Key Responsibilities (broad description):
The purpose of the role is to produce artwork and art layouts by developing art concepts that support the development and promotion of client strategies, business problems and briefs. The Art Director will be responsible for the layout of artwork for the concepts. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain and push the company’s standard for creative excellence, by developing engaging, high-quality artwork in line with the creative brief and in a timely manner. Working under the guidance of the Creative Team, the Art Director will amongst other things, understand client strategies, business problems, briefs and the message the client is seeking to deliver and translate this into high quality artwork, creative solutions and executions.
Please submit a relevant portfolio of work as a link/PDF along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within a reasonable time frame, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.
Posted on 09 Dec 11:51
Get job alerts for Art Director jobs
- Digital Art Director, Johannesburg, Design Quarter District, Fourways
- Digital Conceptual Art Director/Designer, Johannesburg, Houghton and Rosebank, M&C Saatchi Abel
- Graphic Designer/Art Director, Johannesburg, Edenvale
- Senior Digital Art Director/Designer, Johannesburg, Viv Gordon Placements
- Mid-Weight Digital Art Director/Designer, Johannesburg, Viv Gordon Placements
- Mid Art Director, Johannesburg, Bryanston,Sandton, Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment
- Senior Art Director, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Sandton, Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment
- 3D Artisit/Generalist, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, Adlink Personnel Placements
- PA/Administration, Sandton
- Midweight Graphic designer/Roland Press Operator, Roodepoort, Robertville
- Motion Designer, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, Ad Talent