- BizTrendsLIVE!2020 speakers announced and booking open
- Gender diversity in the telecoms industry makes solid business sense
- Finding your first job: a step-by-step guide for grads
|Get jobs on your |
Senior UX/UI Designer
|Remuneration:||R35000 - R60000 per month negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Life & Disability insurance|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionWho is Leadhome
Leadhome is a next generation property sales business – taking the best aspects of the traditional estate agency model and combining these with cutting edge technology and design to deliver a superior user experience to our happy clients.
Proptech meets fintech for real estate.
About the position
Passionate about designing modern elegant-yet-functional interfaces?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious, mid-senior product designer (UI & UX) to join our team and be part of a revolutionary business that offers a competitive salary as well as equity participation.
We’re a mid-stage startup disrupting real estate. Seriously. This is not buzzword abuse. You’ll be part of a small team designing a digital-first platform for people selling, buying and renting homes, just to begin with.
R35,000 - R60,000 per month. Possible equity participation in Leadhome.
Our design portfolio and process.
5+ years of experience in designing face-meltingly gorgeous modern interfaces.
In this role you will primarily do: User research, business problem research, prototyping, user testing, engaging with stakeholders and designing interfaces. You will have a great deal of influence over product direction and new product discovery. Initially, you will not have a team to do any ux or ui work for you.
- A good portfolio that shows how you both think and design
- 5+ years of UI design experience
- 3+ years of UX research experience
- Ability to solve complex business challenges
- Designing with Sketch or Figma
- Soft shadows excite you a little bit
- Basic Knowledge of HTML & CSS
Nice to haves
- Able to work without much direction – here we give you problems to solve or outcomes to reach
- Comfortable packaging your work in release versions instead of one giant release to developers
- Familiar with UX research, user testing and design thinking.
- Interactive prototyping experience.
- Wireframing & iA experience.
- Experience with component/pattern libraries and atomic design.
- Able to design vector Illustrations.
- Experience in Interaction design / animation.
- Can deal with resource constraints and manage your time effectively
- You enjoy thinking about ux micro copy for headings and labels
- You’re more unicorn than human.
- You must be able to send us a portfolio (PDF, Website, Jpegs, Behance…)
- You want to design digital products, not just pages.
- You are interested in basic product management
- You want access to the latest design and tech resources.
- You want to work in a company where design and UX is highly valued.
- You’re able to think collaboratively but work independently.
- You’re an excellent communicator & problem solver.
- You’re tired of corporate bureaucracy, you want to make stuff happen.
- You’re effective in a small team and able to work without being micromanaged.
- You’re able to think beyond the product boundary to suggest solution alternatives.
- You think real estate is broken and you want to drag it into the 21st century.
What we offer
- Salary of R35k – R60k per month, depending on skills and experience.
- Equity participation in the company.
- An open, friendly and collaborative environment.
- Small autonomous product team with real influence over decision making.
- An environment that welcomes trying out new products, services or tools.
- Everyone at Leadhome is really good at what they do and get’s to continually grow.
- Exposure to how a business is built from the ground up.
- Working hours are flexible, with allowance for occasional remote working.
- Future benefits we envision include medical aid, pension contribution and paid lunch. These will be in addition to salary.
- View our design portfolio and process
Full job description: https://www.leadhome.co.za/careers/view/1723
To apply, email your portfolio and CV, along with anything else you think is relevant (Dribbble, Behance, screenshots on Dropbox, website, etc) to patrick @ leadhome.co.za, with the title as the position you're applying for.
Posted on 19 Nov 09:55
Get job alerts for UX/UI Designer jobs
- Product UI/UX Designer, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- UX/UI Designer, Johannesburg, Randburg
- Senior UI/UX Specialist, Johannesburg, Randburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Senior Full Stack Java Developers, Midrand, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Intermediate Linux Specialist, Johannesburg, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Java Spring ReactJS, Johannesburg, Woodmead, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Infrastructure Lead - AIX, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Infrastructure Lead - Cloud, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Senior Java Back-End Web Developer, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Senior Web Developers, Johannesburg, Woodmead, e-Merge IT Recruitment