|Get jobs on your |
Creative Packaging Manager
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Company:||Viv Gordon Placements (VGP)|
We have a terrific opportunity for a Senior Creative Packaging Manager from a very strong Graphic Design background to lead an FMCG in-house team based in Cape Town. This is an ideal opportunity for a visually talented and highly skilled individual who is able to deliver high quality, innovative and powerful packaging design solutions across brands. Your graphic design experience should reflect a very strong packaging design portfolio. We’re looking for someone with strong creative management and mentoring skills too to lead the in-house Packaging Design and Finished Art teams. You will be expected to have a strong understanding of the various brand CI’s as well as brand tier-ing and brand architecture and be able to develop and communicate brand objectives, by planning, creating and delivering compelling packaging designs and communications. This exciting role will see you responsible for the Creative development of superior brand packaging design to guide the creative packaging team to deliver best creative solutions. You will need to create strong partnerships with the marketing teams in order to co-create content and campaigns which complement their brand equities and which make a real impact with consumers. The ideal candidate is passionate about graphic and packaging design, and has the ability to work on multiple projects from initial concepts, through to development and the execution thereof. Your position will include providing support to the Creative Director to maintain brand consistency and set high graphic design standards across all brands. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
- Guide, oversee, assist and mentor the packaging design team, including senior and junior graphic designers, finished artists, illustrators, photographers and freelance designers to deliver on brief objectives
- Provide creative direction to conceptual designers, consistently attaining highest standards of creativity and meeting brief objectives.
- Ensuring and maintaining Brand consistency is in-line with relevant marketing strategies and Corporate Identity guidelines.
- Ensure accurate creation and implementation of style guides, including all sub-brands.
- Work closely with traffic and client services to ensure smooth workflow and delivery of work, while ensuring the team’s creative brief is attainable within respective timelines.
- Maintain good client relationships.
- Be able to multi-task and work hands-on when necessary.
- Responsible for all freelance hiring, rate negotiation and management whilst making sure the internal graphic design team is working to full efficiency.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Graphic Design qualification from a recognised institution
- Several years Packaging and Brand Design experience with a working knowledge of finished Art and all print processes
- Minimum 5 years management experience with experience in conducting performance appraisals in line with business objectives
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite CC: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Knowledge of brand strategy and tier-ing
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Project management and organisational skills
- Time management skills
- Relationship management skills at all levels
- Leadership and pro-active attitude is essential
- Managing and working within set budgets
- Diplomacy, respectability, responsible, trustworthiness and dependability with high standards of work ethics
- Detailed knowledge of packaging processes and in touch with developments in manufacturing best practices relating to quality checks and high standards of consistency
- Advantageous: Working knowledge of packaging technology
- Able to ensure direct reports are aligned to team and individual goals in accordance with development plans and enforce accountability standards through performance appraisals.
- Able to originate strong concepts based on marketing/business requirements
- Able to deliver results and meet client expectations
- Confidence and strong presentation skills at all levels
NB: Due to equity requirements of the Client, previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Please submit a relevant and recent portfolio (preferably as a link) upon application.
Should you not receive a response within days of application, please consider your application unsuccessful for this specific role.
Company DescriptionViv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, digital, public relations and publishing industries.
Posted on 15 May 16:11
+27 21 422 1037
- Trainee Store Manager, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Intelligent Placement
- Design Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Century City
- E-Commerce Marketing Manager, Cape Town
- B2B Sales Manager - Furniture/Homeware, Cape Town, Weylandts
- Store Manager, Cape Town, Somerset West, Christian Art Distributors
- Senior PR Account Manager, Cape Town, Ad Talent
- Senior Project Manager, Cape Town, Durbanville
- Digital Campaign Manager, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Data Analyst/Operations Manager, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Account Manager, Cape Town
- Junior PPC Campaign Manager, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs
- Community/Account Manager, Cape Town
- Mid-Weight Project Manager, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Store Manager, Cape Town, Christian Art Distributors
- Restaurant Analysis/Operations Manager, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Assistant Store Manager, Cape Town, Christian Art Distributors
- Digital Project Manager, Cape Town, Sea Point
- Senior PR Account Manager, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Senior PR Account Manager, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Digital Marketing Manager, Cape Town
- Account Manager, Cape Town, Publicis Machine
- Junior Account Manager PR, Cape Town
- PR Senior Account Manager, Cape Town, Gardens, CBD
- Sales Account Manager, Cape Town, Oude Westhof, Bellville
- Social Media Operations Manager, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Ad Talent
- Account Executive/Project Manager, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Web Content Manager, Cape Town
- Senior PR Account Manager, Cape Town, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Social Media/Content Manager, Cape Town
- Programmatic Trader/Campaign Manager, Cape Town, Century City, Mark1