|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||To be discussed|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionReporting To: Head of Innovation and Industrial Design
To audit technical information and ensure it is to the agreed-upon industry standard for optimal quoting, in addition to performing design, spec’ing and tasks of an Industrial Designer on behalf of client, this includes monitoring and overseeing system processes, procedures and client briefs.
- Auditing of technical information to ensure it is to the agreed industry standard for quoting
- Analysing the basic structure and proposed method of manufacture to drive optimised productivity and implementing value engineering where applicable.
- Generation of specifications for tender. Relaying client requirements to market through the correct and most efficient internal process
- Resource management, ensuring specialists are quoting in their respective fields
- Working with the Point team to obtain estimates from the correct category supplier and ensuring all estimates are correct and accurate
- Following internal and client related job approval process prior to production
- Checking of white, preproduction and production samples to maintain quality control
- Examining structures for risk and advising how to improve their structural integrity, making recommendations as and when required
- Ensuring the sustainability of structures by managing the running of pressure, stress and strain tests on components/elements
- Implementation of specific processes and procedures followed in order to ensure no quality issues in production
- Ensuring delivery deadlines are met and correctly distributed within the timelines allocated
- Play a support function to the Client Manager and their respective teams in terms of structural design and advice
- To ensure the delivery of cost savings through efficient design, engineering and procurement
- Promoting and driving innovation with the account, highlighting new market trends
- Ensure customer needs and requirements are met timeously and at a high level of quality
- Efficient use of funds and materials in order to achieve structural goal
- Accurate reporting to Line Manager, Suppliers and Client
Company DescriptionPoint is the industry leader in the procurement, management and delivery of end-to-end marketing solutions across Africa and the Middle East.
As a strategic marketing services partner, Point uses strategic partnerships and extensive regional and local expertise to deliver value to clients. Key deliverables include best-in-class innovation, significant savings and process efficiencies.
Point generates significant savings in excess of 25% for their clients through their rigorous approach to analysing savings accruing to their clients in their marketing collateral spend.
With an impressive $100m procurement buying power, Point delivers value in the management, measurement and delivery of point of sale merchandise, print, promotional merchandise and thereafter the logistics, execution and maintenance of marketing collateral for multinational corporates.
You’ll find Point’s offices and onsite teams on client premises in South Africa, Zambia, Mozambique, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, Morocco, Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Pakistan.
For more information please visit www.pointgroup.biz.
RequirementsEducation and experience
BA/Higher Diploma/B-tech In Industrial Design (or equivalent)
Specific knowledge, skills, abilities and key competencies
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Capable of auditing technical information
- Knowledge of mass manufacture processes and materials
- Adherence to all processes and systems
- Educating internal clients (Point staff) on POSM opportunities and processes
- Deadline and quality management
- Cost savings solutions
Posted on 25 Mar 13:29
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731