|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Greymatter & Finch|
Job descriptionThe Typesetter/DTP operator reports to the Traffic Manager and is responsible for the accurate typesetting of all financial print and digital mediums, a product of exceptional quality and within the negotiated timelines.
Should you wish to apply for the Typesetting position at Greymatter & Finch, please provide us with a one pager answering the below questions.
Send through your submission, in either English or Afrikaans, to the email address provided. Should we consider your application, we will request a CV and any additional information we may require.
- Why do you want to work at Greymatter & Finch?
- Why should Greymatter & Finch employ you as opposed to another applicant?
- How will you add value to the company?
- If you were recruiting yourself, what would you measure yourself on?
- What do you consider to be the five most important tasks when setting up a file in InDesign?
- How would you go about checking your own typeset document?
Company DescriptionGMF is a stakeholder communications company specialising in financial, integrated and sustainability reporting for public, private and listed companies. We provide services in South Africa and Namibia.
We offer an end-to-end stakeholder communications service, and develop and deliver content and communication solutions to client-specific needs.
We use our intellectual capital to assist clients to progressively improve their external reporting and communication strategies.
We partner with our clients to provide efficient and cost-effective content and project delivery.
RequirementsKey performance areas:
- Keep the Traffic Manager and Project Manager informed of progress continuously, during project;
- Provide an accurately typeset document of exceptional quality; and
- The role requires the employee to find solutions to potential work-related problems and communicating these proactively to the Traffic Manager;
- Accuracy of style sheets applied;
- Correct interpretation of the design into the typeset document in conjunction with designer;
- The accurate inclusion of content into the typeset document;
- Ensure all authors corrections are implemented correctly;
- Checking of own house corrections on all work;
- Typeset no less than three pages per hour;
- Accurate plotting of graphs;
- Spell checks done on regular intervals; and
- Following the correct systems, procedures according to the workflow process on all projects;
- Providing direction and support to internal production team;
- Collaborating with internal teams to deliver seamless integrated, quality products to our clients.
- This includes internal meetings as required by the workflow process.
- Accurate daily recording of time with details worked on projects; and
- Ensuring that house corrections are always kept below 10% of the actual hours spent on the job;
- Support company strategy, culture and values;
- Implementation of company initiatives; and
- Performing ad hoc duties as and when required by Traffic Manager.
- Comply with company policy and procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organisation and planning.
- Communication – verbal and written.
- Customer focus.
- Continuous learning.
- Problem solving and Innovation.
- Responsibility and accountability.
- Ideal candidates will have a Grade 12 certificate and a relevant Graphic design degree or Typography diploma;
- Three to five years' experience gained in a similar position as a DTP operator/typesetter is required;
- Previous experience gained in an advertising or marketing agency, or alternatively within a large corporate environment is a requirement;
- Experience typesetting annual reports will be an advantage;
- Working knowledge of printing and production processes is a requirement;
- Finished Art experience would be an advantage;
- Ideal candidate would be a person with high energy levels and a commitment to making a difference;
- Ideal candidate will be proficient in English;
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Be flexible and able to adapt quickly to new creative briefs;
- Computer literate: Advanced level: Windows Word, Excel and Outlook and MAC, Adobe CS5, InDesign and Illustrator are required;
- Photoshop and PowerPoint would be an advantage;
- Previous experience working with Chase would be an advantage;
- Able to work after hours will be required;
- Ability to work on-site at a client is required; and
- Own transport.
Posted on 15 Mar 12:16
087 354 0536
- DTP Operator/Finished Artist, East Rand, Cardilogix
- Flexo DTP/CTP Operator, Randburg, Worldwide Positions
- DTP Operator, Johannesburg, North Rand (Olifantsfontein)
- Retail DTP Operator, Johannesburg, Worldwide Positions
- Junior Designer/DTP Operator, Pretoria, Menlo Park
- DTP/Pre-Press Operator, Benoni
- DTP Operator, Johannesburg, Edenvale, Worldwide Positions
- Mid Weight DTP Operator, Johannesburg, Worldwide Positions
- Brand Mapper/DTP Operator, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, Ad Talent
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731