Mid-Level Art Director
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Reference:||#Mid Art Director|
We are looking for a mid-level art director
with a proven track record of awesome work, a self-starter mindset and at least three to five years' agency experience TTL and in digital, to join our Jozi or Durban jungle.Reporting to the creative director, this person will be responsible for:
- Insightful, original ideas; originating and conceptualising creative concepts in addition to leading design thinking within the team.
- Leading the team to deliver, presenting, and motivating solutions to clients.
- Driving the creative process and directing quality outputs to connect customers and brands with meaningful and exciting new experiences.
- Ideation and conceptualisation; brainstorming breakthrough ideas with clear strategy and intent.
- Formulate and agree on briefs with all parties to manage creative deliverables.
- Coordinate formal reviews of work produced by creatives in preparation for review at a senior level.
- Champion the Gorilla Awesome agenda, awards, training, strategy, innovation, and craft proactive work.
- Lead the creative culture positively with constructive influence internally.
- Stay aware of all work flowing through the company, multitask and understand different projects are at different points, each requiring unique input.
- Provide a well thought through solution and communicate this to clients and internal teams
- Ensure that the highest creative and design standards are met and transferred to others.
- Be the brands’ custodian, develop and maintain strict design guidelines and consistent CI standards.
- Accountability for up-skilling and for the output of the creatives in your team.
- Planning of projects; defining production requirements, implementing ‘best approach’ and scoping timings.
- Mentoring the creative team, with a key focus on developing juniors.
- Drive creative Innovation in the contribution of pitches and proactive projects.
- At least three to five years' experience in an art directing capacity.
- A portfolio of work that is easily accessible.
- Design-related degree/diploma.
- Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- The ability to work independently.
- Deadline and task-driven.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player.
We are a proudly South African award-winning digital creative agency with offices in Durban and Johannesburg. We are driven by the relentless pursuit of awesome
Posted on 17 Nov 08:54, Closing date 15 Jan