Conceptual Art Director and Copywriter Team - In-House: Financial
|Remuneration:||negotiable cost-to-company |
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Remote work:||Remote work allowed optional|
Heads up art directing and copywriting all-rounders! A funky financial services start-up has a terrific hybrid working opportunity for a mid-weight integrated creative team to join their in-house creative studio in Johannesburg. This isn’t your traditional, corporate start-up – they love the quirky side of life, and the balanced lives of their staff is important to them. They do expect their employees to take initiative and ownership and are keen to find individuals who have/are open to learning multidisciplinary skills
. We’re talking about writers with an eye for design and art directors who can edit – in fact we’re looking for people who don’t want to stay in their lanes, people with a variety of skills (or the desire to have a variety of skills). The successful candidates will be sharp-minded, bright creatives with sophisticated senses of humor; people who see things from an unexpected perspective.
This is a super opportunity for an art director and copywriter comfortable working across disciplines to create conceptual, integrated solutions to work like video content for social, outdoor, radio and more. You’re well-suited to this job if you’re a fully integrated team (or individual) with agency experience and can bring your highly creative, conceptual thinking to the studio. This is a great opportunity to move in-house, be immersed in a brand and do truly awesome creative work.
If you’re not part of an awesome art director and copywriter team, please apply anyway as they will put a team together.Responsibilities
- Work together to develop an overall concept that communicates to a target audience within the scope of the brand and creative brief supplied
- Art Director: conceptualise ideas and designs, formulating artwork and storyboards based on the client's specifications
- Copywriter: writing top-quality scripts, concept statements, long copy, body copy, pay-off lines etc.
- Develop top quality TTL advertising and promotional campaigns within the parameters of the client brief
- Craft concepts into original, relevant and impactful communications; follow through to the completion of the job whilst maintaining explicit attention to detail and adhering to project timelines
- To produce and craft original and usable concepts and copy in response to creative briefs
- To present work internally and externally in a clear and professional manner
- Work with marketing teams to understand the brand and manage projects in a way that will support the delivery of the brand
- To manage and take ownership of projects from origination to completion
- To develop skills and knowledge within yourself through on-the-job development, and active participation
- Actively support and involve team members at the appropriate time to resolve issues
- Encourage all members to look for collaborative ways to make the company a great place to work.
The successful candidates must have/be:
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.Candidates from a previously disadvantaged background will be given preference.Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Art director qualifications: degree or diploma in art direction (or a degree in communication/design/fine art etc. that shows competent visual skills)
- Copywriter qualifications: degree or diploma in copywriting (or a degree in communication/literature/law etc. that shows competent writing skills)
- A strong advertising portfolio
- Minimum of four+ years’ work experience, ideally at a reputable mainstream advertising agency
- Integrated experience (ATL, BTL, digital) – a must!
- A passion to be an art director/copywriter
- Strong conceptual ability and solid design/writing skills with a portfolio that demonstrates strong ATL, BTL and digital
- Adept at brainstorming relevant, innovative ideas
- Able to hit the ground running
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Awarded – advantageous
- Integrity, energy and creativity
- Excellent computer skills
- Confident communication skills
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint or Keynote, MS Outlook
- InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, iMovie
- And any other programmes or presentation tools necessary in order to perform the job.
VGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 18 Aug 17:54, Closing date 17 Oct