Account Director - Video Marketing Agency
|Remuneration:||negotiable cost-to-company |
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Location:||Cape Town, Remote|
|Remote work:||Remote work allowed optional|
We have a fabulous Cape Town, hybrid/remote opportunity for an experienced account director to join the dynamic team at a technology-driven social media video business with a focus on the food space. The company combines data and creativity to create content people really care about. The business works locally and with global corporations to produce the most engaging, shareable content for some of the world’s largest brands, and have built and own the largest food and recipe social media platform in Africa.
Managing campaigns from conception to completion, you work with a team of account managers to deliver against the client brief. You are responsible for managing the business toward the delivery of quality creative work that meets the clients’ needs. Partnering with the Business Unit Lead, your core role is to ensure that client objectives and requirements are well understood, internal teams are aligned and delivering to schedule, and great results are produced. You will contribute to long-term client partnerships through amazing client service and exceptional client communication.
In this exciting role as account director, you will support the strategic client partner team in growing the size of the overall ad spend within the FMCG category. You will also assist the business unit lead across ±10 client partners and will be responsible for helping grow this book of business. The ideal candidate is driven by effectiveness, passionate about the power of scaled communications to really change the world, has an eye for detail and upholds the company’s product, efficiency and helps to ensure that their digital leadership remains at the forefront of what their client partners expect from us.
The company has big dreams - to become the largest social video publisher in the world. They are a group of thoughtful and committed people dedicated to making their clients lives better by creating content that people truly care about. They have a simple formula: The more their audiences love their videos, the more their clients' marketing objectives are met, the more rewarding and purposeful their work becomes. If you are passionate about brands, like a fast-paced environment and want to challenge yourself to learn and grow in a high-performance team, we would love to hear from you.Responsibilities
Manage the client brief
- Crafting client briefs and ensuring internal teams understand requirements
- You create energy, enthusiasm, and alignment internally around the client brief.
Oversee the production process
- Ensure we are on track to deliver the product & get paid on time
- Checking in with operational teams on a daily basis until a client brief is delivered
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders around progress
- Take ownership of your accounts finances and ensure CE's and billings are completed on time as outlined by the Finance team.
Keep client updated and produce client reports
- Craft well thought out email communication to clients, communicating updates, tactical ideas and report backs to client on results
- Coordinating with the Data science team to produce client reports and crafting the narrative of the reports to resonate with the client
- Ensure the client is satisfied with the results and the services provided.
Support with sales growth
- Proactively produce ideas and touchpoints to generate client love
- Support with creative brainstorms and ideation for proactive pitches to clients
- Identify and maximise new business growth in collaboration with the Business Lead and the client
- Participate in client pitches, QBR’s and status meetings
- Keep abreast of market developments, trends, and innovation in order to identify potential opportunities for our business and your clients.
Nurture account managers
- Leading and directing the account managers activities on a daily basis
- Mentor, grow and act as a layer of support to the account managers - help them to learn the skills needed to advance to the next level and provide them with experiences they need to put those skills to the test.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Industry relevant qualification
- 3-5 years’ work experience in an agency environment
- Strong track record of performance and commitment to excellence
- Competent with Maths and working with numbers
- Computer literacy: MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills - Attention to detail is key
- A strong appetite for consultative selling and growing ad spend through upselling your ideas
- A passion for advertising as a career not a job
- Strong track record of high performance - assertive and confident
- Customer focussed - always keep the clients’ interests top of mind
- Strong team player with superior collaboration abilities
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Displays accountability and meets deadlines
- Strong attention to detail - highly organised and adept at managing multiple projects
- Solution driven - Proactively looks for solutions with a positive attitude
- Resilient - Is able to overcome adversity
- Great communication skills
- Passionate about what you do - be the company’s best brand custodian
- Ability to remain calm in a pressurised environment
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
VGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 15 Aug 12:48, Closing date 14 Oct