|Remuneration:||negotiable cost-to-company |
|Benefits:||Included in CTC|
|Remote work:||Some remote work allowed|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Boomtown is looking for a passionate, experienced, and results-driven digital marketing strategist to join our agile team! As a midweight Digital Strategist, you’d work closely with the Digital Lead and be responsible for developing and implementing results-driven digital strategies across a range of clients. Working closely with the team to ensure that these are brought to life and monitored frequently while delivering on business objectives.
- Responsible for developing unique and actionable digital strategies and solutions to meet clients’ brand objectives based on consumer insight and data – this includes the likes of social media, digital and communications strategy
- Digital audits and recommendations/insight extraction against the industry and key competitors
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of digital trends, best practice and technologies to share these, alongside the Digital Lead, with the broader agency team to increase knowledge and know-how
- Develop campaign and rollout strategies that drive ROI by combining all the relevant marketing channels and platforms – from audits, strategy to content – into one actionable plan, to be used to launch and implement our strategy to launch clients' products or services driving action with our target audiences.
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of each strategy within the digital arena to ensure we meet/exceed objectives
- Support overall marketing/client strategies by integrating digital marketing.
- Have an understanding of how to use analytics tools to track and analyse information including audience, acquisition, conversion, and other KPIs.
- Have a deep and working knowledge of digital media channels and how these can work alongside traditional media channels to drive results
- Have a working knowledge of key digital processes like SEO, UX/UI, digital copywriting, etc.
- An understanding of marketing with regards to strategy, positioning, value proposition, and target market research and how that translates into digital marketing.
Knowledge and attributes
- Minimum of 3-5 years of full-time experience in developing full-spectrum digital marketing strategies.
- Understanding of key tools, platforms, media buying process, and social media content plans, including analytics and measurement.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams and business groups, including Creative, Media, and Technical Delivery Specialists.
- Ability to identify opportunities (proactively) for growth and incremental opportunities with client partners
- Strong interest in technology and digital marketing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- Ad-Agency experience in the FMCG sector advantageous
- Location: PE / JHB
- An enthusiastic and knowledgeable self-starter, who takes initiative and thinks beyond the brief to add value and drive the digital aspirations of the agency – and its clients – forward.
- Combines an in-depth knowledge of client business objectives, online strategies, and their competitive landscape with a rich background in the digital marketing industry and deep local understanding of the market to deliver effective digital marketing recommendations.
- Responsible for achieving the client’s strategic brand and business objectives by working with clients to provide them with guidance and working with the internal team to achieve the execution of strategies.
Our cultural roots and deep, on-the-ground market immersion ensures we deliver relevant creative solutions, understanding the people who make up South Africa’s main market and connecting your brand with their hearts and buying behaviours.
Our strength lies in positioning global brands into Africa, as well as taking South African brands to the broader African market. We do this by creating standout brand presence through a deep on-the-ground cultural connection to the right market and its local catalysts.
At Boomtown, we see the power of people. Our people are the most valuable part of our business. They are insightful, world-class, creative, multidisciplinary, authentic, and professional. We see all that they can be and endeavor to provide the best environment for them to thrive in.
See yourself fitting in?
Posted on 24 May 16:20, Closing date 23 Jul