A little about us, and you
|Location:||Cape Town, Remote|
|Company:||Now Boarding Digital|
An exciting opportunity exists for a UX/UI designer with a global digital product design studio.
At Now Boarding, we design captivating experiences for South African and international tech companies. Having been around for over 11 years, our founders are still deeply involved in every project. We have offices in Cape Town and Zürich and 50+ active clients. We thrive on team culture, creativity, and close relationships with our clients, and we’re passionate about results-driven, challenging thinking, and pixel-perfect design. We work in a lean, agile environment on long- and short-term projects, and we like to move fast.
We’re looking for a UX/UI designer with a fascination for usability, and a passion for designing digital products. You’ll need to have five+ years of relevant experience, the ability to create simple solutions to complex problems, and the confidence to work directly with client and development teams (well-supported by project managers and directors). A basic understanding of development principles would also be useful.
If you’re a strong design thinker and want to make an impact with your work, we’d love to hear from you.The role
We’d like you to...
- Help clients define their user, business, and product goals
- Develop User Journeys, Wireframes and UI design that clearly illustrate how digital products function and look
- Present UI mockups and prototypes to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Create original design elements (e.g. illustrations, images, sketches and tables)
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Optimise UX based on user feedback and data-learnings
- Adhere to brand style standards on fonts, colours and images
- Prepare and handoff final assets to developers
We’re looking for someone who...
- Relevant tertiary education
- Five+ years of UX/UI design experience
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to effectively work across multiple projects
- Demonstrable mastery of Figma, or other relevant design tools
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating the successful delivery of innovative interface design solutions for web, desktop applications, and/or mobile devices
What we hope you’ll love about working with us:
- Learns fast and is able to grasp the requirements of a project quickly
- Collaborates comfortably with our local and offshore teams and clients
- Is highly detail-oriented
- Works well and effectively under pressure
- Takes initiative, doesn’t wait for instruction and manages their own time
- Is completely dependable
In our team’s words…
- Challenging and interesting projects across a wide variety of industries (Crypto, Fintech, Edutech, Proptech, and Insurtech, to name a few.)
- Working with businesses of all sizes, from startups to corporates, both local and international
- Our fun, crazy, talented and incredibly smart team
- Unlimited online training, we love it if you want to learn
- Flexi-time and remote working
- Our team culture, compassion and support of work-life balance
- The positive and collaborative relationships we have with our clients
“At Now Boarding, I feel cared about. My professional growth and happiness are a priority. I am not part of a team, but part of a family!”
“No day is ever the same at Now Boarding. You’ll constantly get challenged and therefore learn and grow, which keeps the days interesting and exciting. We have great clients that truly appreciate our work, and the projects we work on really make an impact on people’s lives. We have an unbeatable company culture, with everyone helping each other achieve our collective goals. Oh, and did I mention the delicious daily lunches?”
“I love being surrounded by people that really believe in each other and in what we do.” Application requirementsLetter of motivationCVPortfolio
Please note no applications will be accepted without the above items. Applications to be submitted to az.oc.gnidraobwon@lem
Should you not hear back from us within four weeks from the post date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.Note:
We might require that you solve a creative challenge, in order for us to assess creativity and competence.
Posted on 21 Sep 13:00, Closing date 20 Nov