Senior CopywriterJob description
A fast-paced advertising agency, specialising in the marketing of shopping centres, has a need for a senior Copywriter to join our dynamic team.
Are you a copywriter with the ability to write across various industries and platforms? Can you flip between tones of voice and adapt your language to suit any brand with ease? If you have a proven track record, deep understanding of communication, and how copy helps clients achieve their goals, we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for a self-sufficient, multi-tasking, confident creative copywriter who can deliver the sharpest ideas and words a writer can muster.
You will work alongside art directors, designers, brand, and marketing managers to conceptualise original approaches and innovative ideas. We need a keen team player.
You’ll report to the creative director.
Did we mention you would be working in the heart of the Winelands? Responsibilities
- Take ownership of copy briefs and answer them to a very high standard
- Offer outstanding creative copywriting
- Check all copy generated by team members and offer feedback when necessary
- Manage multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Meet deadlines and stay within budget constraints
- Push clients towards fresh, exciting ideas
- Complete timesheets and reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Good conceptual ability
- Excellent creative writing - short and long format – on all platforms, including for social media
- A keen attention to detail and deadlines
- Familiarity with creative processes, techniques and media including digital
Important - Please note
- Relevant degree or diploma in creative copywriting (i.e. Vega, Red & Yellow School, AAA)
- Minimum five years' experience in a creative agency environment
- This position is not for someone with a journalistic background i.e. who studied a BA languages (journalism) degree and pursued a career in journalism
- Please confirm your salary expectations well as your availability in terms of notice period when applying
- Important: Please include your portfolio with your application
- The company's Employment Equity will be applied when screening applicants
Posted on 14 Sep 12:05